macOS 10.14 Mojave

Discussion in 'General macOS and Apps' started by speeds, Jun 5, 2018.

1. gogetit

gogetit Active Member

Installed Mojave on my Mbp late 2014 and everything's working fine. Even inDesign CS 6 works, although the usual warning of it not being optimised appeared the first time I opened it. I still have my iMac late 2012 on High Sierra, though. And I'm still waiting for the iMac 2018 which might come in 2019! Hopefully…

imart likes this.
  2. marvinp

marvinp Active Member

3. makinao

makinao Active Member

I've quit Safari for now because it's so slooooooooooooooooow since HS. I'm on Firefox right now, waiting for a fix.

4. milyonaryo

milyonaryo New Member

How am I going to fix this? Tried a couple of times but still,same happens. Help!

Attached Files:

5. lamski

lamski Well-Known Member

6. cybersniper

cybersniper Well-Known Member

10.14.3 is out.... I installed but caused me problems rather than improvement.

After installing this update, my iMac became uber slow in booting up and not detecting my mouse (Logitech G903) upon reaching the desktop - it needs for me to plug its cable in (go wired mode first) so the system could detect it.

The update is NOT worth it... not much of a difference from 10.14.2, plus the issues mentioned. I'm going back to 10.14.2 via TM tomorrow.

Konti na lang Apple.... and Steve Jobs would roll up from his grave. :(

7. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Active Member

Made the mistake of upgrading my late 2013 iMac to Mojave. It...is...now...very....slow....

If I can't get it to run faster (using the tips I've seen), I might have to downgrade to Sierra. Such a bummer. Also my fault too, I should have read all the warnings first.

I have an even older MBA, and the AppStore keeps prompting me to upgrade. Shouldn't Apple detect which machines are too old for its latest OS and no longer bug the users of old machines to upgrade?

VicB likes this.
  8. jologs

jologs Active Member

^ Have you tried doing a clean reinstall?

9. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Active Member

not sure what this means. I am just trying to get my hands on an empty USB large enough to contain the High Sierra OS and then I will downgrade.

10. jologs

jologs Active Member

Basically installing MacOS from a bootable USB drive.

11. ccjt

ccjt New Member

I was trying to install an app from the App Store but it doesn't appear on my Launchpad. It seems like the app is not really installed cause everytime I reopen App Store, it shows the "Get" instead of indicating it as "Installed."

12. BenG

BenG New Member

Howdy! I’ve managed to install Mojave on my vintage, CTO Mid-2009 MBP using a well-known workaround.

This will machine will mainly sit in my study, to keep me “alive” on some sites.

[​IMG]

I wonder kung may minimum hardware requirements ang iCloud para mag sync ng ibang stuff. I have loads of Text Replacements set up pero hindi sha nag sync dito. I read before may minimum software requirements ang iCloud Tabs para mag sync, but not sure about Text Replacements.
    [​IMG]

Just an update - I've checked this again and my Text Replacements are there now. Looks like it just took its time to sync.

#152 BenG, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  13. bennette

bennette Member

I just updated my MBA 13" early 2014 from Yosemite to Mojave. I was so hesitant at first coz im so lazy to backup all my files and it will take 17 hours to do so. But i needed to since i always sync my iphone to my MBA. and can't sync before coz of itunes and IOS incompatibility. the latter being more updated. So i decided to just upgrade my MBA without making a back up! hahahaha... lo and behold! no file was missing. everything's still here. and no slowing down of my MBA. I can sync now my XS to my MBA!

14. tonedeaf

tonedeaf Active Member

Anyone know where I can still get a copy of High Sierra? I can't stand how slow my iMac is now because of the Mojave upgrade. Can't get it from App Store anymore (I followed the links in all the articles re downgrading to High Sierra from Mojave and the link doesn't work anymore. I also tried searching in the App Store, but couldn't find it as well).

15. caffelatte

caffelatte Member

try
    https://support.apple.com/downloads/highsierra