Macbook white shutdown problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by Yagbolz, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Yagbolz

Yagbolz Well-Known Member

this past few days i've been wondering why my mac shuts down automatically when i'm watching a movie or just playing some game (facebook).. can't figure out the problem.. is my battery dead?

2. Macmon

Macmon Well-Known Member

Have you tried to watch a movie with powercord plugged? If that still happens then it might be overheating. Try to get iStat and see if your units inner parts are overheating.

3. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

To prevent heat buildup, place the Mac on a smooth flat surface. A laptop cooling tray is even better. Never put it on soft surfaces like the bed, cushions or carpet. These block airflow. Air needs to flow underneath to cool the Mac. Air vents must not be blocked. If you are not using the Mac in an A/C room, use a fan to cool you and the Mac. If after all these and your Mac still shuts down even with the power cord plugged, then you need a shop to look at your Mac. There might be dust buildup inside that impedes airflow.

4. Yagbolz

is that a normal thing or do i have to go to a mac center? if a mac overheats it shuts down automatically? and by the way my mac is always plugged in..

5. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

That is not normal. If you exercise the cooling tips above and you experience shut downs then go have your Mac checked.

6. Yagbolz

ohh.. ok sir thanks..