Macbook White Cover Replacement

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by shadowless, Mar 22, 2009.

1. shadowless

shadowless Member

Hello all, :rolleyes: My girlfriend's macbook (white) had a little mishap which made the top cover of her machine warp. Is there any way to replace the top cover (the part with the apple logo) and if so where would be the best place to have this done?

I'd appreciate a place with a good price for the part and service.

2. pokerface

pokerface New Member

i can do that for you, but first if you can post some images of the damages, coz i couldnt picture how the lcd back cover could warp w/o cracking the lcd. im guessing the lids when closed are off or misalligned, if so then hinges needs to be replaced.

3. kcirecarg718

kcirecarg718 Well-Known Member

PowerMac can replace them. i think i paid 1,800 for the top cover replacement. Actually its called Rear cover. the one with the glowing apple logo. I dont know if they are going to charge the labor fee though.

4. marckieMD

marckieMD Member

1.8k only? I might as well replaced mine, 'coz my apple logo has 2 cracks on it. :(

5. shadowless

shadowless Member

Sir Pokerface: I'll PM you with images when I manage to get them. Thank you.

I'll also check out PowerMac, :) salamat sa lahat!

6. jaijin

jaijin Well-Known Member

Labor for replacement is 1.5K unless it's still under applecare. But regardless of warranty, the rear cover is not included, you'll have to pay for it.

7. eaespi

eaespi Member

Is it possible to change the entire cover of the MacBook? I'm planning to change my White MB into Black. Tired of constant cleaning.

8. kcirecarg718

kcirecarg718 Well-Known Member

yeah it will cost you. rear cover, top cover with trackpad and keyboard, buttom cover and batteries. lcd cover.

9. pokerface

pokerface New Member

whoa 1.5k , is that a flat rate labor fee for any part? or does it vary for every part?

@aespi
    yes display rear cover, top case/keyboard and bottom case can all be replaced. but for the bottom case , it entails removing like everything including the logic board.

#9 pokerface, Mar 22, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  10. eaespi

eaespi Member

how much would be the damage?

11. enshong

enshong Well-Known Member

If you're planning to get the entire case of your MacBook replaced, I suggest you buy a new one na lang.. It will cost you a hefty amount that makes selling your current unit and buying a new one very appealing.. :)

12. eaespi

eaespi Member

I see. Thanks for the input. Maybe I'll just buy some cleaning solutions to manage my white MB. :p

13. enshong

enshong Well-Known Member

Bili ka ng Mr. Clean Magic Eraser... Very effictive daw siya sa White MacBook. :)

14. jaijin

jaijin Well-Known Member

Almost 12K for the whole case, not even sure if they'll change white to black.

15. gadgeteer

gadgeteer New Member

hmm... i wonder if anyone has some spare panels he/she would like to dispose of. my niece's needs it, particularly the bottom portion. :)

16. rsnox1

rsnox1 Member

I can sell you the bottom part pm me.

17. bedanmick

bedanmick Member

I went to PowerMac at Greenbelt to have my top cover replaced. The guy who is assisting me have this weird top case for his white Macbook, the keys are combination of black and white and the button of the trackpad is black. I was just shy to ask if I can also have that kind of topcase. hehe! It looks nice and unique. ;)

18. tinman

tinman Member

am also interested in the bottom part. will PM u too.

TIA

19. domesday

domesday Member

planning to revive my Ate's whitemacbook. problem left with the unit is its lid case or white cover na madaming scratches. other wise all good pa. macbook 4,1 c2duo 2.4ghz, 2gb ddr2, 250gb. may question is where can i have it replaced na mura lang para presentable lang siya? or other options like sticker or polishing the case? yung pinakacheapest option sana. thanks...

20. macdrive007

macdrive007 Well-Known Member

^new casing replacement is always expensive. your best option for this will be to look for macbook owners whose logicboards are beyond repair - they will be selling their macbooks for parts and hopefully the casing is still in 90% good condition.

Otherwise, go to GMask stalls in malls and have a sticker design cover your MB case, after cleaning them first with Mr. Clean Eraser.