Macbook Pro - warranty and service questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by RandyQ, Feb 2, 2010.

1. RandyQ

RandyQ Member

I plan to buy a Macbook pro in HK while I am doing some work there, but I will be returning to Manila soon. My question is whether the regular 1-year warranty is valid in Manila?

Also, does upgrading the hardisk and RAM void the warranty? Its sooo much cheaper to buy the larger hardisk and RAM outside Apple.

2. vr4_211

vr4_211 Member

Yes, warranty will still be valid here in Manila.

Upgrading the HDD and RAM will not void the warranty.

3. bad_boy

bad_boy Watching Your Language
    Staff Member Supporter

RandyQ: If I remember correctly, changing the HDD does not void the warranty if you're buying a unibody MBP :)

4. sage99

sage99 Member

planning to get a 2nd hand macbook from online forum, upon checking the serial number from apple site, it's already registered, question here is if i get the macbook and need to bring it for service, does the "registered" part matters whether it's under my name or the previous owner? thanks.

5. uramaru

uramaru Member

All kinds of macs has international warranty. This is standard. :) As far as I know, any user replaceable part of the macbook pro will not void the warranty if you intent to upgrade it.

HTH.