Macbook Pro Screen Haze/ Lines

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hiromi_777a, Apr 13, 2016.

1. hiromi_777a

hiromi_777a Member

Good day PhilMUG,

It's been a while. I need some help. A few months ago I started noticing some sort of haze on a portion of my screen and now it covers up almost 75-80% of my screen (turned very little bit yellowish) accompanied by these diagonal lines of some sort. Have no idea what this is or how to remove it. I doubt but could this be my screen protector? Hesitant to bring my Mac to a repair center. Afraid of getting wrong diagnosis and ending up having to spend for something that's not really broken.:cry:

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

#1 hiromi_777a, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  2. makintosh

makintosh Active Member

Try connecting your mac to an external monitor. If the haze and lines still appear there may be a problem with the video chip or logic board. If not then it might be the built-in screen or video cable. I don't think a screen protector can produce that look but you can try removing it to see if it does cause the haze and lines.

3. hiromi_777a

hiromi_777a Member

Thank you very much @makintosh for the reply! Been using my 32" inch LED TV for dual monitor set up most of the time and never had anything like that on the other screen.

4. jcorduwa

jcorduwa Member

i think we have the same problem, i will try to bring mine to beyond the box greenhills tomorrow.

5. makintosh

makintosh Active Member

I second jcorduwa's idea to bring it to an authorized repair center. Alternatively you can bring it to Ynzal. Parts and labor may be cheaper there.