Macbook Pro not booting up after HD reformat

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pallidaMors, Apr 14, 2015.

1. pallidaMors

pallidaMors New Member

Mac noob here. So i just recenlty bought a secondhand Macbook Pro from a friend who's not very tech-savvy. I had the keyboard replaced (as some keys were not working) and it worked like normal. A few days ago, I decided to wipe the Mac's hard drive clean to give it the factory state feel. I Googled the instructions on how to reformat the hard drive, gave it a shot, and boom-- Mac's not booting up anymore. I tried doing the Internet Recovery for a couple of times (tried downloading the OS over the Internet, which is honestly painstakingly slow) but somehow failed-- like it will quit and go back to the OSX Utilities screen. Can someone help me with this issue? If my memory serves me right, specs is as follows: 13 in, 4 GB RAM, Intel i5, 500+ GB HD. TIA!!!

2. mark_17

mark_17 Active Member

can you still see the internal drive under disk utility? you can contact me at 09167918924 if you need further help.

3. kcirecarg718

kcirecarg718 Well-Known Member

If you can still see the Macintosh HD on this utility via Internet recovery try to verify and repair the disk, Erase the partition and reinstall the OS. It's best if you can connect your MacBook Pro via Ethernet if there's an Ethernet port. If all fail consider it a hardware issue. See if you can boot on Apple hardware test. You can check some helpful articles on the Apple support website.

4. summertango

summertango Member

Was about to post new thread,
    may I ride on your post TS.

I am selling my late 2011 mbp and I wiped out all data but I've been having problems with reinstalling OS X. Midway through d/l it'll just hangup and I will start all over again.

Can someone help me with the orig OS X startup disk version 10.7 (Lion)
    Please.... Or can I just inform buyer to Continue with the upgrade.
    My home DSL is not that fast at only 3mbps..

5. itnetad

itnetad Active Member

it has something to do with your internet connection why the download quits and restarts it can't establish a good connection. Go get a copy burned on a dvd or usb drive

6. summertango

summertango Member

Uh ohh. I'm now stuck in the startup disk with no option to do direct link download.