Macbook pro Multiple monitors question =)

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by djmyke, Oct 25, 2012.

1. djmyke

djmyke Member

Hi gud pm =) I'm planning to get a Macbook Pro 15inch non retina but i'm not sure if it is capable of multiple monitors.
    I was thinking of buying an Apple Thunderbolt Display for it and I also have an existing Samsung LCD TV that I also want to use.

Q:Is the MBP capable of connecting both external displays? the ATD connected via thunderbolt then daisy chain the Samsung lcd tv from the extra thunderbolt port of the ATD thru mini displayport to HDMI adapter?

2. gravija_flare

gravija_flare Well-Known Member

that is probably not possible, you will need something like this to get the display output to 2 monitors: Matrox DualHead2Go Digital ME | Multi-Monitors for Laptops

3. LeoCastillo

LeoCastillo Maestro
    Staff Member

4. djmyke

djmyke Member

crap. oh well.. The MBP retina version is capable right? it has 2 thunderbolt ports for ATD and hdmi out for TV.
    Is the Matrox available here in the Philippines?

5. LeoCastillo

LeoCastillo Maestro
    Staff Member

6. djmyke

djmyke Member

nice =) thats what i was talking about. 2 TBports for 2 monitors and hdmi for another one. but too expensive for me. hehe. ill have more upgrading options with the non retina