Macbook Pro Mid 2012 Stuck in loading screen after update

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by extrarice311, Feb 6, 2018.

1. extrarice311

extrarice311 New Member

Hi everyone! I have a Macbook pro mid 2012 that I upgraded to High Sierra late last year. Everything was working fine up until I received an update notification a few days back. Now whenever i turn it on I would be able to go to the login screen, key in my password, and you would see the progress bar loading really really slowly. When it reaches 100% it will be stuck there and nothing will happen. Has this happened to anyone here? I was able to find posts online but no solution in sight...Any thoughts on this will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

2. makintosh

makintosh Active Member

Same thing happened to me after updating to 10.13.3. But after another reboot the update continued until completion. I hope you have Time Machine or other backup for your files since I can only think of a full reformat and reinstallation of MacOS if the problem persist.

3. makinao

makinao Active Member

Similar thing happened to me when I updated to 10.13.2. Boot progress bar would stall, but before the login screen. I tracked it down to a conflict with an old startup item only visible in the system report, and of an app I no longer used. Deleted the app and the plist entry, and things went back to normal.