MacBook Pro (late 2008) trackpad click problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by AcidSlide, Aug 17, 2009.

1. AcidSlide

AcidSlide Member

Hi there fellow MUGgers,

Has anybody encountered this problem with their macbook/macbook pro? It started yesterday when my wife was using my mbp, clicking the glass trackpad works 50% of the time (although the tap-click works, clicking the actual trackpad doesn't). And last night it was around 75% not working. Now it doesn't work 99% of the time.

I'm so used to clicking the trackpad that now, using the Tap-Click is difficult. I'm trying to exhaust all possible fix before going to sir charlie's shop for them to check. It would be very difficult for me to leave my MBP for it to get fixed because I work using it 90% of the time.

For those people thinking I need the firmware update, that wouldn't work because I've already installed it a couple of months back. And again this only started to happen yesterday.

I hope somebody out there has a solution/fix for my problem. Again, going to the shop (since its under warranty) will be last option since I really need my MBP badly to work.

regards to everybody...

#1 AcidSlide, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2009