Macbook Pro inquiry at SWITCH Marquee Mall

Discussion in 'Sw!tch' started by prof_er, Oct 31, 2013.

1. prof_er

prof_er Active Member

I went to switch marquee mall just now to inquire about their 13.3 MBP retina. And i was surprised that the salesperson told me that their current price for the rMBP is 64,990. The salesperson arent sure also if this is the late 2012 or the mid 2013 rMBP. But the twist is, the guy in long sleeves (maybe the manager or owner) told me that the warranty is only 3 months? Isnt it that apple offers 1 year warranty even if the MBP is late 2012 or mid 2013? Can someone from SWITCH management clarify this? I think your employees is misleading buyers like me.

Please clarify.

2. Kiko

Kiko Well-Known Member

Quite disappointing. I had my experience too at switch marquee a year or so back. They had displays of and were selling older models. Sure they can do this but their displays make it look like those are the newer models and sometimes their personnel will say that is indeed so. If you're not a mac fanatic then you'll be buying an older model at the same price. The sales people should know the items they are selling. Official resellers should be offerring the full one year warranty, unless they are selling a used or display model in which case they should make clear the status of the item. Better be aware of what you're buying.the same rule holds true for powermac in sm pampanga.

3. prof_er

prof_er Active Member

Exactly. They even told me that the one they are selling is already phased out! Gosh! And telling me thats why it only has 3 months warranty. Which i thik very unlikely for apple resellers to do!! Buti na lang hindi ako nag react kanina sa switch. But i think, buyers should be very aware and vigilant. This is not so good for switch thats why their management SHOULD know this.

4. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

i go to resellers (except btb/dh) to play with the their displays and to kill time if im waiting someone but i bought apple products at btb/dh :p