Macbook Pro 2021 M1 Pro / M1 Max

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by warmgreentea, Oct 19, 2021.

1. courtside3

courtside3 PhilMUG Addict Member

Got my MacBook Pro 16", shown beside the Zephyrus S17 and iPad Pro for perspective.

Haven't used it extensively yet, but am impressed by the battery life. I noticed, however, that, while in a Zoom meeting, it sometimes drops the audio. I am not able to hear the other participants. May well be an app problem, considering that I've also experienced this on the iMac.

Pic.jpg

2. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

3. Jhun111jhun

Jhun111jhun New Member

Where did you get your M1 Mbook pro? Ive been calling apple resellers fo the Mac book pro 16 M1 max, but no luck

4. Qin Zhi

Qin Zhi Well-Known Member

You can just order it online from Apple Store (Philippines). Tip: you can get it significantly cheaper if you buy it from their Education Store (no worries, they won't ask for any identification, though you're only allowed to buy one notebook per year). Either way it will take about 5-6 weeks to deliver.

If you're in a bit of a hurry, you can get it from trusted blackmarket sellers like Chrisgadgets, AJT Gadget World, or Mobilizer who may have the model you need on stock.

Jhun111jhun and blessie15 like this.
  5. makinao

makinao Active Member

If your credit limit can cover it, and if you want built-to-order, get it from store.apple.com/ph . It takes about 2 months. Mine apparently came straight from the factory in China, arrived a day early, and was fully charged.

Jhun111jhun likes this.
  6. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

Ditto on Apple Online Store Philippines, especially if what you want has custom specs, i.e., BTO (Build-To-Order) which local shops might not carry.

I ordered mine on January 12, got an initial expected delivery date of Feb 26-March 5 (around 6-7 weeks), but when it shipped last January 29, expected delivery was moved up to Feb 15. I received it last Monday, Feb 7 for a total of 3 weeks, 5 days from the date I ordered.

7. gaol

Minor nitpick with the design of the new MBP 14:

The metal edges of the bottom vents at the back and the sides of the MBP are sharp and tend to dig into skin; makes carrying it not as pleasant and pleasing an experience as with all previous MBPs (and MacBooks and MBAs for that matter). The vents in previous designs were more flush and cleverly integrated into the overall design.

jai bautista and caffelatte like this.
  8. courtside3

courtside3 PhilMUG Addict Member

Apple Store Ph — which is the only way to get customized specs. Just be prepared to wait a while.

9. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Hi! I don’t want to start this thread the same thread that was closed, but i want to share my recent purchase from Apple PH. I ordered a MBP 14 last January 8, 2022. Exactly on the 3rd week it was updated as ‘preparing to ship’. On the 4th week, it was tagged as ‘shipped’. I was given a tracking number. Upon checking on DHL’s site, it was shipped from Singapore on Feb. 03. Then on Feb. 10, it was updated as ‘Departed facility in Singapore’. To my surprise, on the 11th, it was tagged as ‘arrived in sort facility in MANILA’. I thought maybe it’s just a custom clearance update, cause what i know is from Singapore, the item will be transferred to HongKong then Philippines. But on same day, another update was shown ‘processed for clearance’. So i got excited cause hindi na po talaga dadaan pa ng Hong Kong ung parcel ko. Then today, it was forwarded for 3rd party delivery. Hoping i can receive it today or tomorrow.

Attached Files:

jai bautista, raypin and blessie15 like this.
  10. makinao

makinao Active Member

Why would it still go through HK?

11. gaol

My BTO MBP14 originated from Shanghai, China, not Singapore. It was picked up on January 29 and I didn't get courier tracking updates until February 7, the day it was delivered.

raypin likes this.
  12. Jhun111jhun

Jhun111jhun New Member

Any update on this sir? :)

13. Boddhisatva

Boddhisatva Galactic Emperor
    Supporter

Has anyone experienced this on their MBPs? After the Mac goes in deep sleep, i.e. 15 minutes or thereabouts, pressing on the touch ID button will flash the screen briefly and then off again, and it takes a second press to actually authenticate and unlock? (n)