Macbook Pro 2021 M1 Pro / M1 Max

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by warmgreentea, Oct 19, 2021.

1. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is it, people. Good game, well played by Apple. Nice knowing you, Intel!

[​IMG]

These are the base specs. It is already 16gb ram and 512gb SSD by default, so if we're basing all the new improvements and the fact that the ram and ssd has jumped as well coming from the last model, this is great value.

One order of a freshly made 16incher in Space Gray for me please, sir Tim. (y)

#1 warmgreentea, Oct 19, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  2. yoh_hectic

yoh_hectic PhilMUG Addict Member

Most Powerful Mac Notebooks Ever

The new MacBook Pro pushes the limits of what a notebook can do, delivering incredible performance and all-new capabilities.

When compared to the previous-generation high-end 13-inch model, the all-new 14-inch MacBook Pro is immensely more powerful.3

With the 10-core CPU in M1 Pro and M1 Max, the 14-inch MacBook Pro enables:

• Up to 3.7x faster project builds using Xcode.
    • Up to 3x more Amp Designer plug-ins in Logic Pro.
    • Up to 2.8x faster computational fluid dynamics performance in NASA TetrUSS.
    Featuring the 16-core GPU in M1 Pro and the 32-core GPU in M1 Max, the 14-inch MacBook Pro transforms graphics-intensive workflows with:

• Up to 9.2x faster 4K render in Final Cut Pro with M1 Pro, and up to 13.4x faster with M1 Max.
    • Up to 5.6x faster combined vector and raster GPU performance in Affinity Photo with M1 Pro, and up to 8.5x faster with M1 Max.
    • Up to 3.6x faster effect render in Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve Studio with M1 Pro, and up to 5x faster with M1 Max.
    Both M1 Pro and M1 Max are supercharged with a 16-core Neural Engine, allowing users to enjoy faster ML tasks, including:

• Up to 8.7x faster object tracking performance in Final Cut Pro with M1 Pro, and up to 11.5x faster with M1 Max.
    • Up to 7.2x faster scene edit detection in 1080p ProRes 422 video in Adobe Premiere Pro.
    • Up to 2.6x faster performance when selecting subjects in images in Adobe Photoshop.

Pricing and Availability

• The new MacBook Pro models with M1 Pro and M1 Max are available to order today on apple.com/store and in the Apple Store app. They will begin arriving to customers and will be in select Apple Store locations and Apple Authorized Resellers starting Tuesday, October 26. The new 14-inch MacBook Pro model starts at $1,999 (US), and $1,849 (US) for education; the 16-inch MacBook Pro model starts at $2,499 (US), and $2,299 (US) for education. Additional technical specifications, configure-to-order options, and accessories are available at apple.com/mac.
    If anyone's interested I have a 2019 MBP 16" Core i7 for sale.

raypin likes this.
  3. warmgreentea

Also it was never really mentioned, but the screen is 120hz as well. Nice!

4. Shinahashirome

Shinahashirome Active Member

I think they mentioned promotion in their promotional materials

5. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

A maxed out top of the line 16” Macbook Pro. o_O

36FBEBBB-764C-40F1-8CBD-15A8A39048EB.jpeg

sandybridge_guy and Sunil_K like this.
  6. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

MOD NOTE: Merged 2 similar threads.

7. makinao

makinao Active Member

This is the type of MBP I've been waiting for. Im targeting late next year when 1) my mid-2012 15" turns 10 years old, 2) the Covid19 pandemic will hopefully be under control and I'll have to be out of the house more.

8. warmgreentea

I just realized two more things as I think about this.

1. Apple seem to have put function over form for their latest gadgets, ie the iphones, ipads, and now the macbooks have gone thicker than their predecessors given how obsessed Apple was about thin-ness. But hey, they still have amazing form eitherway!

2. I stay away from generation 1 of new form factors whenever they change the design language, as there might be some problems to iron out. I’ll see where this goes esp that I’m more on my desktop nowdays during these pandemic days. Nontheless, this is an eventual sure buy for me, when the timing is right.

Very happy with the upgrades though!

#13 warmgreentea, Oct 19, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    Sunil_K and Shinahashirome like this.
  9. darkgreen

darkgreen Active Member

The new M1 chips are amazing

but the notch is mehh, I would’ve accepted it easier if there’s FaceID.

leninmac likes this.
  10. warmgreentea

I knew it, it is just not me who felt like it looks like the old Powerbooks.. Even if I never owned one. :ROFLMAO:

[​IMG]

teachertwish, Shinahashirome and gaol like this.
  11. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

That would probably be for the next gen. Apple likes adding minute features to entice buyers to buy their latest hardware. :LOL::LOL:

shootertwist likes this.
  12. makinao

makinao Active Member

Here's a comparison of the top-of-the-line stock last pre-retina and the new M1 Max MBPs

Oct 2021 16" Apple M1 Max chip with 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, and 16-core Neural Engine, 32GB unified memory, 1TB SSD storage.
    Apple US store - USD 3,499
    Apple PH store - PHP 206,990

Mid-2012, MacBook Pro 15-Inch "Core i7" 2.7 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1 GB of dedicated GDDR5 SDRAM and Intel HD Graphics 4000 with memory shared with the system, 750 GB HDD, -
    US price (everymac.com) - USD 2,449.
    PH price (everymac.com) - PHP 120,490.

13. max_Moon

max_Moon Active Member

That notch looks mighty distracting on such a big screen.

14. imart

imart PhilMUG Addict Member

While it might appear unappealing to many, the notch is only visible when the content isn't black. Rather than making the whole row empty/opaque/unusable like its predecessors, the thought process is similar to the iPhone, which made good use of a real estate and achieved some balance on the bezel. The notch remains non-invasive against the viewing experience on a 16:9/16:10 video player in full screen and it's something that I would accept personally as it outweighs the many items that were ticked on my wish list for these new pro devices.

Sunil_K, gaol and max_Moon like this.
  15. warmgreentea

I'll give it around 3-4 months to see Huawei, Xiaomi, etc laptops to implement a notch on their laptops and will add three more camera lenses for whatever reason... :ROFLMAO:

Sunil_K and raypin like this.