MacBook Pro 2017 13" Catalina

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mark.b, Aug 1, 2020.

1. mark.b

mark.b New Member

Hi all,

I've been using my machine mainly for development purposes (Xcode), so normally the MBP would run hot (you can feel the heat dissipating from keyboard). But one day my machine just suddenly restarted on its own with the message on the screen “Your computer restarted because of a problem. Press a key or wait a few seconds to continue starting up.” After that screen, I just waited for it to restart and login back to my account & re-open my development tools. But -- after a few seconds, it would then restart with the same error message. -- This loop would continue unless I just login and don't open any app. Of course, I tried cooling it down for a while (just shutting it down/close the lid) and open it up after a an hour or two, but doing a light browsing on Safari/Chrome (3-4 tabs) would make the machine restart again with the same error message.

**I've only experienced this restarting problem after a few months on Catalina. The machine's working perfectly fine before on High Sierra, and Mojave.

I'm wondering if this is an overheating problem? Would anyone know where to go for repairs and how much would be the range of cost for this kind of problem? (Baguio or Manila)

Hope someone could help me. Thank you!