MacBook/MacBook Pro speaker issues (blown/muffled/etc)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rdy2014, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

Yes they said they will.

2. dacci

dacci Member

@Roman, how long did you have to leave your rMBP with them. Thought of bringing mine too but still hesitating as I need my Mac most of the time.

3. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

Hi. I haven't had mine done though. But they said it'll take about 5 days.

4. obikenobi08

obikenobi08 New Member

Hi! New member here! Signed up because my left speaker went sabog just now. I have a 2015 rMBP and judging by the other posts there may be something wrong with the fan or I'd have to replace the speakers. How did it go with the speaker replacement?

5. ebelerma

ebelerma Member

I managed to replace my MBP's left speaker through an online seller here in SG (whole kit's worth 30 SGD including the torx screwdrivers, left and right speakers). I must say that the sound is also worth 30 SGD (or less ). I agree that the speaker replacement is quite straighforward and can really DIY, with that, are there any reliable spare parts store for macbooks that you can recommend in the PH?

6. genesisdeleon

genesisdeleon Member

hi Everyone!

I have a MBP Retina 15" Mid 2015 running on macOS High Sierra. One day after not using my laptop for quite some time, I opened Spotify and the speakers sounded muffled.

Could you advise what can I do to fix this or should I bring it over to a service center? Any idea how much would this cost me?

Thank you very much! :)

7. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

Hi, @genesisdeleon. Merged your thread with a previously created thread discussing blown/muffled speakers and fixes for the MacBook/MacBook Pro. Hope you find what your looking for here. Just back read the thread.

Also retitled the thread to cover all versions of the MacBook/MacBook Pro.

8. genesisdeleon

genesisdeleon Member

Thank you and sorry for the hassle! :)

9. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

I took the lead of previous posts and I ordered replacement parts from ebay. My problem is finding a P5 Screw driver. I wonder where to find/buy a P5 Pentalobe. It's available in Lazada (shipping from HK) but I'll wait for suggestions

BTW based on the posts it will only cost you 1/3 of the price if you DIY

10. Qin Zhi

Qin Zhi Well-Known Member

Quite a lot of options at AliExpress: search results for "pentalobe p5". Cheapest is at US$0.88 (about Php 45) w/ FREE shipping to Ph (est. delivery time: 27-54 days).

11. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

I ordered phone cases from AliExpress problem is until now it hasn't arrived yet haha (almost or more than a month na)... thanks for the suggestion. Damn that's cheap, the lowest in Lazada is around 300 pesos..

12. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

Anyone works in BGC who has a pentalobe screw? I ordered in Lazada (shipped from China) but they sent the wrong one!. I returned it but the turn around time is too long. I already have the parts and I want to try/test them. Tsk

13. Flipbizkit

Flipbizkit Member

Anybody using 2016-2017-2018 MBP experienced this?

Mine is 2017 15inch, powermac replaced it and after 2 months as of this writing, and out of warranty, there goes my right speaker again

:cry::cry:

14. PMxx

PMxx New Member

Hi guys! :) I think i have blown speakers huhu. Is there anyone here who was successful in having their speakers replaced? I think both of mine are goners. :(

15. makintosh

makintosh Active Member

^ I’ve replaced a handfull of MBP 2009 to 2015 speakers. They’re moderately easy to replace as long as you have the parts and tools. May I know what MBP year/model you have? The cost of parts and service would depend on the year model of the unit and if only one or both speakers will be replaced.

#35 makintosh, Nov 24, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  16. vtf

vtf Active Member

I had the speakers of my 13" MBP replaced at AD Blanc for less than 3,000

17. PMxx

PMxx New Member

I think its both speakers that needs replacing in my case. Its a Macbook Pro retina 13 inch early 2015. I would rather have it fixed by a pro though because im not real handy. Do you know of any reputable place that i can go to have it fixed?

18. PMxx

PMxx New Member

P3000 for both speakers? That’s not bad. Ill have to look it up. Thanks for sharing.:)

vtf likes this.
  19. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

I replaced my macbook's speaker myself, got the speakers from Ebay (from China) problem now is sabog ulit lol... but now I have the experience I can just order another pair probably next year nalang

20. makintosh

makintosh Active Member

That's a sweet price indeed. Some pair of speakers I ordered from the US cost 3k++ including shipping. Some that I got locally but second hand and from China (can't really tell if they're new or used) cost more or less 2k. But as of my counting, 2 of them failed after a few months and 1 arrived with defective wiring.

If you can source the parts (I can point you where to get them), I can do the installation for a burger or ice cream or both. :) PM me if interested. Otherwise Ynzal in QC is the usual go to place for mac repairs or try the shop vtf mentioned.