MacBook Keyboard Service Program - where to get my keyboard replaced?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by hazeru, Mar 23, 2021.

1. hazeru

hazeru Member

I've had the dreaded sticky keys for more than a year now, but have been dragging my feet to get it replaced. Unfortunately, seems it's gotten progressively worse, so I might need to look into it now. Plus the S key has chipped (I had no idea they could do that wtf).

Which service centers honor the free keyboard service program and do a good job of it? Also, preferably near Makati or Taguig. For those who took advantage of the service, how long did the actual fix take (notwithstanding waiting for parts to arrive)? Need the laptop for work and can't afford to not have it for more than a day or two. Thanks!

2. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

just sign-in using your Apple account to find a service center.

https://support.apple.com/en-ph/keyboard-service-program-for-mac-notebooks

3. jlconferido

jlconferido Active Member

I brought my MBP to BTB for the program and the lady mentioned to me that the shift key has a broken pin underneath so kind of rises up. Will this affect my warranty claim. I told the lady that since it is not working it is working triple time and it would not be damaged if the butterfly keyboard is not faulty.

4. jlconferido

jlconferido Active Member

Beyond The Box called me and they said that my concerns on the broken pin of the keypad was not given exemption based on the guidelines. Out of frustration I called Apple Support and told them that my concern which I reported to them was denied. I told them if, say, you are Ford and you have a defective wheel axle and have a program for repair, the other components connected to that defective axle will have a damage like uneven tire wear. I mentioned that I am not a difficult guy to deal with but I am frustrated. The agent said I understand your concern. Voila! "Please call Beyond the Box and I will issue a go ahead for the repair program." Sweetest thing I heard today.

Shinahashirome and eag like this.
  5. anchorite

anchorite Member

If you have keyboard issues and bring your machine to service centers, they will tell you that the whole top case needs to be replaced. That includes the entire keyboard, battery, and trackpad-- even you only need 1 key to be fixed. From experience, that repair will cost approx 18k.

If your machine is already out-of-warranty, you can bring it to Apple Clinic across Robinson's Magnolia. They're in Facebook too. I can only say good things about them. I am not in any way connected with them. Just a happy customer helping another fellow by pointing them to the right direction. They do board-level repairs too. Need a repair shop that's like Rossman Group in New York? They are it.

kyubi likes this.