Macbook hard drive bracket

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by frozenyogurt, Feb 21, 2010.

1. frozenyogurt

frozenyogurt Member

My black macbook's hard drive got busted for the 3rd time. This time, since it's still under the Seagate warranty, I had it shipped for replacement. Little did I know that the Apple store here didn't remove the hard drive bracket from it. They didn't even inform me of such. And then when I came back to them to have the hd installed, they told me that they needed it. How should I know? Now I can't have it fixed 'coz they don't have readily available parts. Do you guys have any tips on where I could get the hard drive bracket for Macbook? Any help would be very much welcome. Thank you!

2. mark_17

mark_17 Active Member

i think i have one available, text me at 09167918924.

3. Sabonis

Sabonis Active Member

Hi Frozenyougurt,

Then how did this become your problem if it was a fault on their part?

Which Apple Store are you about so that others may be warned. Not everyone knows how a HD bracket looks like.

Thanks.

4. frozenyogurt

frozenyogurt Member

Switch in ATC. Yeah exactly. They just gave me the busted HD and told me to scout for cheaper hard drives so that I would be able to save. They never mentioned about brackets and stuff.

5. peppers

peppers Member

@frozenyogurt....the macbook, macbook pro hd has a bracket inside and when a technician has to replace a hard drive it is his duty to remove the bracket before ever sending the drive to the Manufacturer. It is my thought that they send the drive with the bracket connected with it..(foolishness)...you should have complained to them.....but the problem since you are just a customer who dont know technically what happened inside and the technicians fault...you suffer the consequence. When I replace drives especially macbooks and pros...I see to it that the holding bracket is detached.

You have to order that from apple because that is a very customized part. Or better yet...google it.

6. Sabonis

Sabonis Active Member

@frozenyogurt,

I suggest that you write a letter of complaint to the management. Management might not know about this and it would be really "nice" for them to know. If that doesn't work, then a letter to Apple might do the trick.

I think it is simply unacceptable for them to just shrug you off like that but better be ready with facts and evidences.

HTH!

7. LeoCastillo

LeoCastillo Maestro
    Staff Member

Bring it up to Apple. They'll crack down on the service center.

Leo

8. suavegabe

suavegabe Member

you shouldn't have to suffer because of their stupidity. if this had happened to me i would have raised hell inside the store.

9. madmax168

madmax168 Active Member

I think its because when Apple replaces hard drives, they send the hard drive with the bracket and screws. It happened to me once when they replaced my hdd. They gave me the defective hdd complete with the screws and bracket and when the new hdd arrived from Apple, it also had the bracket and screws already included.

10. peppers

peppers Member

@madmax168...The guy had his internal HD replaced with a third party HD so its obvious it doesnt come with HD accessories. He should know that the HD is not apple supplied anymore and he should tell the Apple Tech. Whatever happened there, we cant blame the customer.Its the tech fault. He should have disconnected the bracket from it.

Apple do supply in every parts being replaced will come the accessories with it. Like the CPUs of MacPros its thermal paste included..some include even the heatsink and screws with it, brackets of power supply..etc..