Macbook(core 2) duo VS Others(core i7)

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by wippy, Feb 6, 2010.

1. wippy

wippy Member

macbooks with core2duo procy VS hp/dell's with core i7 procy? Price: Almost the same $1000++++. What would you buy? Why? thanks.

(oops "(core 2 duo)" dapat sa topic title.)

2. fliptrix27

fliptrix27 Member

Still "Apple macbook" for me!!!

3. LeoCastillo

LeoCastillo Maestro
    Staff Member

It's not the same. One runs OSX and the other doesn't.
    You're (literally) comparing Apples to oranges.

Since I like OSX more than Windows, I'll go with the MacBook.

4. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

Kinda like asking about a Corvette in a Ferrari forum.

5. xineizer

xineizer Member

In the gamer's world, it's the games that matter, not the platform. At the end of the day, you will be working with the applications and the operating system rather than the underlying hardware. You can run both OSX and Windows on the Mac Book with full support. You won't be able to do that on the HP or Dell platform, unless of course you try and attempt using the OSx86 project where full compatibility and support is difficult.

6. doughn

doughn Active Member

Macbook pa rin, OSX is just hard to resist. Pati Pogi Points na rin and much much better resale value.

7. wippy

wippy Member

para saan ba yung processor.. di ba to make laptops/units faster? so if the higher the processor, the faster it will be... ? since some of the reasons ay because of OSX, does that mean na pag OSX, mabilis parin ang unit? hehe sorry, wala pa kong experience sa OSX ehehe.

gusto ko rin ng macbook pero hindi biro ang $1000++++. I need "explanation" para maconvince sila na worth it yung amount for a macbook... alam ko naman worth it pero baka sa kanila, hindi. hehe

8. jessieboi

jessieboi Member

Don't know much about the OSX either, as I am still yet to lay my hands on my first Macbook, but I think the need for a fast (or faster for that matter) processor mainly depends on the stuff you do (e.g. photo/video editing, hardcore games, simple browsing).

As for me, if given that choices, I'd still go for a Macbook 'cause Core2Duo would suffice the things I'd use it for. Plus, no other laptop looks as sleek and sexy as a Macbook, and as doughn noted, Pogi Points!

Good luck on convincing them, as I did with my Ate. :)

9. wippy

wippy Member

for photo/video editing sana... :)

di ko naman ata kelangan ng pogi points. hihihi..

di ko maconvince bro-in-law and sister ko.. pamporma lang daw sabi ni broinlaw haha. siguro maconvince ko sila pag meron na ko.. wehehe..

10. alikishi

alikishi Well-Known Member

I'm quite sure they haven't used a macbook/pro yet kaya ganyan ang comments nila

11. macboy

macboy Member

mabilis man ang laptop, windowz pa rin, with a windowzzzz para kang nadridive ng mabilis na car, up to 150mph pero dahil bo-oring ay inantok ka and then BOOM! you became a cococrunch.

What I mean is, go with the not so fast yet exciting mac :)

12. dryxzzz

dryxzzz Active Member

Here are some good justifications:

1. STABILITY - hardware & software integrates well making it more reliable.
    2. PRODUCTIVITY - getting the work done with less worries of getting it to work.
    3. COMPATIBILITY - runs Windoze too, better than the others of the same specs. Forget the drivers, plug-n-play is a breeze.
    4. VALUE - easy to dispose off in a much higher resale value when you opt to get a newer darling (I doubt this one 'coz I believe you'll cherish this baby).
    5. SUPPORT - aside from the Apple site, where else can you find a friendly forum such as Philmug? Do you know Charlie? "Suportahan taka!"
    Now your move...elaborate on the given topics and deliver the "explanation" well. ;)

13. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

There is no justification for getting a Mac except the fact that you want it. You want a Mac , get a Mac. Don't think your way into it.

#13 Mad Mac, Feb 7, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  14. fliptrix27

fliptrix27 Member

Im a long time windows user for about 10 long years but now a mac lover for just 6 months i never experience hang or blue screen of death like what i experience in windows!

If i'll be choosing between those two model i'll go for macbook hands down!

Try it and believe me mac is simply amazing!

15. wippy

wippy Member

101% correct. hehe.

wala pa akong work kaya cant afford pa hehe. mac na nga lang ang inspiration ko to find a work eh... haha.

thanks guys.. nakakaexcite naman mga comments niyo! :D

btw, may "not responding" ba ang mac? haha

16. neldeles

neldeles Active Member

Using a mac really is more productive for photo/video editing in my opinion. The multi-touch gestures,spaces and spotlight really make it easy to just focus on the work rather than remembering where you put that file etc. Of course you can just put the files on your desktop which is what I used to do on Windows, but then it ends up being cluttered. Just my $0.02 from a recent mac switcher. :)

17. Provboy

Provboy Well-Known Member
    Supporter

Just wait for the i5 and i7 mbps coming out soon. Even though osx is a fantastic os, you shouldn't just hand over your cash to apple for old hardware. Be smart, unless you really need the laptop now. Mac or windows, both are just tools you use. Saying that macs earn you pogi points etc should not be a factor. Comeon, macs aren't even luxury items. Get over yourselves. :) peace

18. justinferreros

nasa os ang labanan, OS X the best!