macbook airport/ internet problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by gpo74, Aug 10, 2009.

1. gpo74

gpo74 Well-Known Member

Guys I need your expert advice. I have a Black Macbook 2.4 and my problem is I can't connect to the internet. I can detect my modem at home using my macbook (using globe) but I can't open any websites. But my PC can detect and at the same time connect to the internet so does my wife's HP mini has no connection issues at home. same also here in greenhills I can detect the wifi signals but i can't open any sites. it keep telling me that I am not connected to the internet. currently I am using SBW prepaid. any advice/ hep will be greatly appreciated. I tired resetting safari already but still no avail. thanks in advance. Mods Im not sure if this is th right forum but if not please kindly move it to the proper thread. thanks

2. chetiboy

chetiboy Active Member

what browser are u using? maybe you are working offline (if Firefox)?

3. kinetic88

kinetic88 Member

Sorry I can't offer you an expert advice on your problem because I'm not an expert on this matter. But what I do know is that there are several things to be considered in solving your problem such as your mac settings, your router settings, internet access, etc. In short, you have to isolate the problem by checking/reconfiguring/tweaking on these settings. The solution being simple or complicated, we don't know yet. If you are not that tech savvy yet, maybe a simple solution is to bring your mac to the shop where you purchased it from (that is if you purchased it in the Philippines) so that their technicians can troubleshoot it.

4. gpo74

gpo74 Well-Known Member

I'm using safari 4.0.2

all my settings remained the same from mac to modem to internet nothing has changed. I have been thinking of bringing my unit for a check up but I just wanted to hear from you guys. Maybe I can get a solution before bringing in my MB. but thanks for the suggestions

5. d1scjock

d1scjock Member

What doe sit say in your Network Connection setting? The one found in System Preferences?

6. chetiboy

chetiboy Active Member

i hope it's just a small switch that you need to turn on instead of having to go through the service center. have u tried browsing with different internet browsers and see if u can load sites from there? maybe it's a network setting somewhere?

I wish i had my mac with me right now so i can help you. i can feel ur frustration for the internet. I wonder also if you are able to connect to the internet via the LAN cord ek ek?

7. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

You can try these:
    1. Update to version 10.5.8 to resolve some airport issues
    2. Reset PRAM
    3. Check router settings and enable SSID.
    4. Delete current connection for that specific network and create again. sometimes a change in case or just a space will modify your connection.

This happened to me when i changed my network name from think different to thinkdifferent (with no space). enter the WEP/WPA/WPA2 passowrd again. Its the router that cannot communicate to your macbook i guess. Just a suggestion.

8. Nicky

Nicky Member

I've been hearing other users not being able to browse anything on SBW, even using a PC. They describe the same situation as yours.

It might be on Sun's side. I don't know if it's possible for you to test or borrow a similar Globe or Smart product.

9. gpo74

gpo74 Well-Known Member

My problem is not with SBW in fact thats what im using now just to be able to surf. I have no problem whatsoever with SBW infact its speed is faster than the Globe broadband im using at home. but thanks for the input

10. gpo74

gpo74 Well-Known Member

I am now officially stumped. I don't know what to do anymore. Ive taken my MB to Digital walker in v-mall and they said my airport is working fine they did a reset on my MB went back home to see if my internet connection works but still no internet. I don't know what else to do. I even called up globe thinking the problem was on their side but unfortunately still no internet. I am now contemplating on getting a new airport for my MB maybe that will do the trick or not I don't know. any more suggestions will surely be appreciated.

11. wildcard

wildcard Active Member

12. gpo74

gpo74 Well-Known Member

13. gpo74

gpo74 Well-Known Member

downloaded the update but still nothing. Maybe I should just wait for snow leopard maybe after updating to snow then everything will be back to normal

14. gpo74

gpo74 Well-Known Member

just an update. I can finally surf again using my macbook while being connected to globe. Globe called me to tell me to add some DNS settings and it works. thanks Globe

15. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

That is good to hear.