MacBook Air Trackpad isn't working perfectly

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by motoflux, Apr 4, 2010.

1. motoflux

motoflux Lemon Pepper Fan

Hi Muggers,

I've been using my MBA for about a year and a half and never been experiencing a problem on my trackpad. But now, i think my trackpad is malfunctioning. It's not precise as before, it does not move smoothly so i have to use a mouse on my mba.

Now, I don't use and trackpad film protector or whatever above on my trackpad, I've been a big fan of trackpad's 2/3/4 finger gestures and i really wanna use it over a mouse.

Anyone could tell my trackpad problem?

Please? TIA

2. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Re: Trackpad isn't working perfectly

@motoflux.....dropped it? No?......clean, non-greasy fingers fixed it? No......then have it checked at the nearest Apple reseller for hardware defect.

3. justinferreros

4. motoflux

motoflux Lemon Pepper Fan

I've dropped my MBA last year but it is in a hard-case shell. And I tell my sis not to use my MBA while eating chips, nuts or any finger foods.

A hardware defect is a possibility.Base from my investigation on what my sis said, she saw my 10 y/o cousin playing flash games at y3.com and having a hard time using a trackpad because he never ever used a laptop w/out mouse before in playing in such games.

Right now, my trackpad sometimes returns to normal and after few seconds of not using it, its malfunctioning again.

5. thescud

thescud Member

the secondary click on the bottom right corner of my trackpad doesn't work. does it need a replacement too? and if it does, do i need to leave it at digital hub until the service parts arrive?

thanks!

6. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

First sign of trouble, you head off to the Apple service center. That's how it will be anyway. You will resolve your problem quicker with less anxiety.

7. fliptrix27

fliptrix27 Member

How can they check if the trackpad has a problem? mine is sometimes acting up strange.

8. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

It doesn't matter how but enough to know they can. Bring it in.

9. fliptrix27

fliptrix27 Member

ok thanks madmac.

10. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

Oh, "sometimes" acting up may take longer to diagnose. It is easier to diagnose a "stage 3" failure. One that is always present.