Macbook Air (2012) is very slow and battery is not charging

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by czar flores, Sep 29, 2021.

1. czar flores

czar flores New Member

Okay so this morning I was just about to start up my laptop as usual, and from the start, I noticed that it was a bit slow on the start-up itself. I also noticed that the charger's green light wasn't on. After about 5-6 minutes, finally I was redirected to my home page but when I try to run any application on my mac, it's very slow and laggy and the battery bar says that the "Battery is not Charging", even when its condition here says its "normal".

Please help, I dont quite understand since my AC charger is still new and is charging with other macbooks, and the battery installed in the mac I'm using is also just newly installed by a technician I know. Any suggestions on what I can do about it? I really need this mac for my school works and other important stuff. :((

2. tweek

tweek Well-Known Member

Are you the original owner?

Is the battery sourced from an Authorize Apple Service Center?

Your Mac's inching towards a decade old. May be time to buy a MBA M1?

3. czar flores

czar flores New Member

Yes, I am the original owner and the battery itself was provided by an Apple technician.

I just dont get it since yesterday it was just functioning normally like it usually does but when I turned this morning it suddenly wasn't.

4. tweek

tweek Well-Known Member

Call Apple Support and file a report. Be ready with a proof of purchase of the battery + labor.

https://support.apple.com/en-ph/HT201624

Based on the list above your 2012 MBA is "obsolete".

Who is the employer of the "Apple tech"?

5. tweek

tweek Well-Known Member

Looks like an unauthorized repair was done with non-genuine Apple parts. Really unfair to blame Apple for fake parts from somone not trained through Apple Inc.

greta87 likes this.