Mac Pro problem 3.0 qx

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by yadige, Aug 3, 2011.

1. yadige

yadige Member

HI ,we got this mac pro 8 core, my problem is its not booting, mag boot lng sha if my cd recovery inside at safe mode , pero ayaw nmn mag reinstall yung Os X nya , so dinala nmn sa ynsal, and they check it , after a month , they called us n logicboard daw problem, uhuhuhuhuhu , wala b talaga sulution pra dito, HElp nmn pomga sir, or benta ko n lng to as defective.
    thanks

2. MacSonic 779

MacSonic 779 Member

Can you try to get a second opinion like bringing it to Senco LInk Tomas Morato? Ynzal is reliable too sa Tech pero kasi di na sila Apple Reseller. So for Repairs they bring it to Sapura for MRI. Sana ang problem Hard drive lang. were you using a UPS sa MacPro mo?

Hi Yadige,

What the technician can do also is maybe try to reset the SMC of your logicboard. If you have another keyboard, you can try testing and find out if the problem is your keyboard. These are the types of isolation tests they can do.

If the logicboard is damaged, there is a PC laptop repair shop as they also repair logicboards of Mac laptops. If your Mac is out of warranty they might be able to help though a longshot. I think this was mentioned in this forum the contact info of that repair shop. They have a machine that can isolate and detect the problem source in Macs.

#2 MacSonic 779, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  3. v8designstudio

Nomer of Ynzal is one of the best, if not THE best.
    If they say its the board, it must be the board.

Selling it is fine. Repairing it is fine too. No short cuts.

What I would like to know more, and if you would care to share for us all, is how and why it acted up to begin with. Symptoms and stuff like that. What happened? Fluctuation? Lightning? Software update? Memory module upgrade.

So we similar users can have insights. Cheers.

4. suavecito

suavecito PhilMUG Addict Member

Hmmmm, if the unit still boots via cd or safe mode, IMO, i dont think the problem is in the logic board. Tell me if im wrong but units with logic board problems wont boot anymore right? Seems the problem is either your HD or RAM.

5. MacSonic 779

MacSonic 779 Member

I was also thinking that the logicboard may still be ok and you may be correct Suavecito. I recall a Mac technician told me , if you're Mac does not turn on at all or completely dead; it may be the processor, logicboard or powersupply that is defective. In my earlier post I am not saying Ynzal or Nomer is wrong and I agree with V8designstudio Nomer is the best. Right now they usually bring repairs and let their associated Apple service center do the diagnostics. I have been dealing with Nomer for many years now and he is reliable and trustworthy. I had a busted keyboard and brought it to Nomer. He told me they had to bring it to the Apple Service Center for diagnosting as to follow Apple protocol.

6. yadige

yadige Member

Thanks mga sir, the first i have encounter this problem , when my co-worker update my OS from tiger direct snow , then the problem start , frezz all the time , then its start not booting, so my boss " dahil n kay ynsal yan, so we did, umabot ng 1 month yung test nila , so pull out nmn , so they said n logic board then humabol p pati daw proce, sira n daw , it will couse us 75k , so tinambak n lng namin dito, and i try i mag google, yun mga boot ko daw safemode and it did, then lumabas yung instalation ng OSX , so i did what the google said , my lumalabas na back up , so wait ko sha my lumabas na icon or something pero wala eh , go to disk utility reformat, si i did , wala p rin eh, nag sawa n ako , kaya tamabak n lng , bumili n lng kmi uli ng mac pro.

7. MacSonic 779

MacSonic 779 Member

Hi Yadige,

Sorry to hear about what happened to your MacPro. To be safe, purchase also an AppleCare Warranty extension as you never know what happens. Apple's repair procedures is that they always replace broken parts by the whole module. Like if only a small part of the logicboard is defective, the whole logicboard has to be replaced unlike with PC hardware. And expensive and sometimes a nightmare for us.

8. suavecito

suavecito PhilMUG Addict Member

Have you tried replacing the hard drive?

9. yadige

yadige Member

not yet , i dont have spare HDD, ill try that one,

10. v8designstudio

Unbelievable...

You had it brought to Ynzal for a month without even trying on a new hard drive?
    You really think Ynzal hadn't done that?

Mannnn.... after a month, i wouldn't be surprised if it "has become" a logic board problem. Ynzal is a great store, I love em. But i sure would do everything i could first before bringing it anywhere for repairs.

Tsk tsk tsk... you screwed this up pretty bad, good thing you already bought a replacement.

Heed Macsonics advice, get yourself an Applecare since you don't seem to know how to do first aids.

11. yadige

yadige Member

uhuh, my bad!! i would sell this by parts n lng , thanks mga sir. =)

12. yadige

yadige Member

na i try ko uli test , nag boot sha pero stuck lng sha sa gray screen, nag try ako na fresh n HDD , ganun p rin gray screen forever. until now as write this comment gray p rin sha .

13. doods888

doods888 Member

Rest in peace Macpro......I feel your pain bro....let her go.

14. yadige

yadige Member

how much kaya mabbenta to??

15. cardingsolis

cardingsolis New Member

i recomend na dalhin mo sa liteware sa may kamuning apple reseller cla na may mura sa pa sa senko at istudio...just visit the web site www.liteware.com.ph....magagaling din ang tech dun ...

16. claudiey

claudiey Member

Same thing happened to my Macbook. It doesn't boot to the desktop screen. It just shows the Apple logo with the spinning icon. I reset the PRAM and it finally booted. Maybe you can try that method and see if it works.

17. v8designstudio

TS is now fishing for prices.
    I think the mods can lock this now.

18. yadige

yadige Member

mga sir , its ok na its alive , i have change the Hdd and ram, now its all good. thanks guys!!! =)

19. MacSonic 779

MacSonic 779 Member

That's good to hear your Mac is alive and kicking. Buti naman you tried to double check and the motherboard has no problem. Just apply good maintenance.

20. Ikon

Ikon Member

Ynzal miss this after a month of diagnostic? it's good you troubleshoot it yourself.