Mac & PC portable owners. How to be productive?

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by ijingo, Sep 21, 2009.

1. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

I own both Mac portable & PC portables and wondering how productive you guys with the Mac? I have Windows PC for office use and its a must.

Can you suggest how to make use of your Mac notebook to the fullest. While owning a PC at the same time.

2. caropan

caropan Member

What exactly do you do for work? With me, I use my Mac for creative stuff that would take ages to get done with a PC, like Photoshop and movie editing. With my office PC, I do most of my Excel simply because it's still predominantly a Windows native program and it'll always work better there.

#2 caropan, Sep 21, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  3. angelomb3

angelomb3 Member

my work requires that i do CAD and artwork..i prefer the PC for CAD and image/movie editing, layouts on the Mac, ...for email, word processing, spreadsheet any OS will do as i can access the files both their hard disks thru the network...works for me..:)

4. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

Using what you feel is most comfortable is productive. I think you are fine.

I do primarily creative writing. I do however need to use Windows for recreational use since it is the only supported platform for my applications. As such I chose a MacBook with specs that meet my Windows apps required specifications. I then installed Windows XP on a 15gb partition. Now, switching between two OSs is easy. And I have "both" machines with me wherever I go.

5. quasar

quasar Active Member

I use my Macbook for presentations. In my experience, Keynote is much better than Powerpoint, particularly in animation and slide transitions. The boss was so impressed with the last presentation I did (it was used in a media briefing), he declared that the office get Mac laptops for each unit.

6. xedner

xedner Member

I use bootcamp for gaming as well as vmware fusion for programming and other windows-only tasks... cliche but I have the 'best of both worlds.'

7. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

Well Im a pharmaceutical manager, its an amercian company that promotes ethical products here and biologicals. I use my PC for MS Office, heavy user on excel. MS outlook as well. but those are just the 2 main reason why I use a PC, its mandatory since it was given to me and to us employees. i have a mac desktop as well to do editing, pictures, music. i wonder how can i maximize my mac notebook.