mac os x 10.5 boots then hangs help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by beabea, Sep 22, 2009.

1. beabea

beabea Member

hello guys... i need help

my MB aluminum unibody was working fine when i was still in the office this afternoon, but when i got home it boots then when desktop opens then it'll hang. what i did was press and hold the power button then reboot it again same thing happens then a dimmed screen appears and say "you have to restart your computer (etc etc etc...)" then it hangs... so i turn it off again and every time i repeat the process it hangs... i also tried repairing the HD/os whatever using the DVD installer it says that my HD is working fine but then it just wouldn't work... help me :(

whats wrong? is it my unit or the OS? should i buy the snow leopard or anything i could do to fix this... my OS crashed last January and then it crashed again :(

#1 beabea, Sep 22, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  2. theelhombre

theelhombre Member

what you can try is to press the 'option' key while pressing power. keep on pressing the option key until you see a hard drive picture with an arrow. click on it and it should start properly.

let me know if this works.

3. beabea

beabea Member

already tried it, same thing :( ive read a thread in mac rumors it says it might be a hardware problem im having a hardware check... it MIGHT be the ram :(

any other suggestions?

4. theelhombre

theelhombre Member

hmmm..unfortunately it's too late for me to reco Applejack- a freeware app utility that will fix most problems at start up (by pressing command + S). but this shld've have been installed prior to problems (this doesn't really help, sorry).

let me do some research.

5. beabea

beabea Member

okiii thanks a lot thats so nice of you to help :)