Mac Mini won’t boot up in any mode

Discussion in 'Mac Mini' started by kinse_44, Jun 28, 2018.

1. kinse_44

kinse_44 Well-Known Member

Hi. I’ve tried several ways to boot up our Mac Mini but no luck in getting it to run in normal mode, safe mode, or recovery mode. When I boot it up normally it’ll have the Apple logo and loading bar screen and before it finishes it goes to black and restarts. When I try to boot it in safe, and/or recovery mode, same scenario but it doesn’t go to black, the screen just goes white. No login menu, or the utilities menu. I tried to do a fresh install using a external usb installer but I still can’t get the utilities menu to show. It’s just a blank white screen.

Any ideas what’s the cause and any possible fix before heading to a service center?

2. gogetit

gogetit Member

Call up Ynzal and ask. They're very friendly and I'm sure they'll give you good answers/advice. They have a web site.

3. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

Can you boot off an external drive amd run Disk Utility?

Dipp likes this.
  4. kinse_44

Nope. After the logo and loading bar screen, it goes to a blank white screen when I try to boot off an external drive.

5. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 Well-Known Member

You may have a busted logic board if that is so. Good news is your internal HD may be ok.

6. kinse_44

Internal HD was ok. I was able to get back my data using thunderbolt on target disk mode with another Mac. I did a wipe of the Hard drive afterwards, then I tried to do a fresh install of the OS but still no go. I still got a blank white screen instead of the Utilities menu screen.

7. rebiscoco

rebiscoco Active Member

Hi any updates on this one? My friend have an imac 2012 and same thing happens to his unit. :(

8. kinse_44

I haven’t brought it to a service center to get a diagnosis, but I am not optimistic. I’m probably gonna sell/trade it as a defective unit instead of having it repaired.

rebiscoco likes this.
  9. mark.rupido

mark.rupido New Member

Could be a defective ram as well..