Mac Games?

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by gagu, Mar 25, 2009.

1. gagu

gagu Account Suspended
    ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

Getting the new Aluminum MacBook 2.0ghz laptop and I have a few questions.

1.) I know theres COD4 for the Mac. How does it run with my laptop? Bad?
    2.) I have never played DoTA but I am interested. So my question is, I know theres Warcraft 3 for the Mac and I was wondering if it'll run smoothly on my laptop?
    3.) How about a game like Left 4 Dead via Boot Camp? Will it run well?

2. gagu

gagu Account Suspended
    ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

also, ive encoutered some talk about dota not having "gg"? what is gg? from what i recall, this is basically the lan part of the game.

3. gagu

gagu Account Suspended
    ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

will me getting the macbook pro make a difference in terms of playing pc games via boot camp? if so, how much of a difference?

4. motoflux

motoflux Lemon Pepper Fan

GG Client is a software which allows gamers to play online which is basically the main purpose of the client.

It actually connects your "LAN" Game to the internet. It also allows you to chat in order to challenge players worldwide.

Too bad, GG Client is for Windows OS only.

for more info, visit www.garena.com

5. gagu

gagu Account Suspended
    ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

so can i play gg in windows using boot camp?

6. Mocha.Frap

Mocha.Frap Active Member

Yes. That's right. :D

7. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

Please STOP replying to this post. Gagu (what a nick!) has posted a similar post here where the same things are being said by responders.

Gagu, you're already a long time member, so please KNOW simple rules in this forum:

1. Do not post duplicate threads;
    2. LEARN to edit your post if you want to add something to it minutes after you post the first one. You can still edit your post 24 hours after posting time.

8. gagu

gagu Account Suspended
    ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

yea yea. my bad.

anyways. how does left 4 dead, cs: source and dota run on a macbook pro 2.5ghz?

also, with the Aluminum MacBook 2.0ghz. How does CS: Source run? Is it good in the lowest settings? How about medium?
    And how about Left 4 Dead?

#8 gagu, Mar 25, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  9. cnight

cnight Member

this guy is obviously window-shopping

10. gagu

gagu Account Suspended
    ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

window shopping???

11. gagu

gagu Account Suspended
    ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

Which do you prefer?

I'm leaving for Europe on April 5. And Im buying a Mac tomorrow. And I plan to get Counter Strike: Source, Left 4 Dead and DoTA for my Mac to be played via Boot Camp.

Now I know DoTA runs well in the normal Aluminum Macbook 2.0ghz. But how does CS and L4D run in medium settings? For these games to play well, is the MacBook Pro really needed?

Lastly, has anyone heard of CrossOver Games? Has anyone done this? If so, how is it?

12. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

13. gagu

gagu Account Suspended
    ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

Re: Which do you prefer?

actually. theyre all on different topic. one is just a brief question on Boot Camp, one is about the MacBook handling certain games. And this one is me asking which laptop to get.

14. johannes

Staff Member Chairman

And they're all about you wanting to play Windows games on your prospective Mac.

It's everybody's responsibility to keep the MUG tidy.

15. yahoomarco

yahoomarco Member

I think this is an application which lets you play over the net like lan. you can play against other people just right at your home rather than playing in gaming cafes.

16. gagu

gagu Account Suspended
    ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

oh, well, i thought it'd be better talk about one topic in one thread rather than talk about alot of topics in one. seemed more tidy that way to me.

17. johannes

Staff Member Chairman

Looks like the same topic to me. (quoted from all 3 threads)

18. enshong

enshong Well-Known Member

I've been trying to answer his queries since last night. Honestly, gagu, if gaming is so important to you, I guess you'd better buy a Windows-based gaming laptop like a Dell XPS.

Is the MacBook Pro needed? Depends on the amount of detailed graphics you really need. Neither the MacBook nor the MacBook Pro are meant to be gaming laptops. They can play games but that's just a small part of it's real value.

19. Prancisfena

Prancisfena Member

As much as i'd want macs to be gaming machines, i'd have to agree with enshong. I'm a gamer too (or at least i'd like to see myself as one) and i realized that gaming isn't the reason why you buy a mac. Get a good window's based laptop if you are a gamer - you can get two good ones for the price of one mac. You can run some old games on macs, Halo or Rainbow Six or something, but if you want high performance gaming... i don't recommend you get a mac.

Besides... parang sayang lalagyan mo lang rin ng Windows mac mo. magkakabadsector lang yan. ;)

#19 Prancisfena, Mar 25, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  20. gagu

gagu Account Suspended
    ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

hahaha! i dont need a windows. nor do i need gaming. its only when i heard of the boot camp where i said to myself "if i can have gaming. why not"

so yeah. i want a mac. anyways. im now deciding between the pro and the plain one.
    enshong, you stated that you play cs and dota in your pro? it doesnt lag? because seriously, all i want is those two. and if the normal macbook can play games like left 4 dead and stuff. then i can stick to that.