Luggage Replacement Parts

Discussion in 'Travel' started by ice, Jun 19, 2013.

1. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

Just wondering if anyone here knows a shop that sells replacement parts for luggages...

Been searching Google for replacement wheels and the only ones I’ve found will cost me around USD 25.00 each!

2. vgsison

vgsison Well-Known Member

What brand po? My luggage brand (Tumi) has excellent after sales support. They replaced my zipper when it got stuck several years ago.

3. ice

^Nine West... There are third party repair services here in SG but it will cost me around SGD 60+

Was hoping to buy a pair of wheels when I'm there...

4. sbuckspodium

sbuckspodium Member

Don't know what Nine West uses but had a couple of check-in luggage wheels replaced/repaired at the local mr quicky outlets, brands were American tourister and samsonite. Didn't bother with the brands since the repairs were needed locally. Had a few replaced stateside by American tourister for free, for the fact that the models were old was great customer service.

Cost were a couple hundred pesos, hope this helps.

5. Nikkio96

Nikkio96 Active Member

Most known travel brands offer after sales service/support. Not sure if Nine West does since it is a fashion brand. Best if you take it to a Mr. Quickie type of place na lang so you won't have to bother with installing the wheels (I would have no idea how! LOL) and at least you know for sure that it was attached correctly. Sayang din if you buy the parts tapos mali pa yung pagka install :) My take is if the cost of the repair is significant compared to the original cost of the luggage, sometimes, it might be worth retiring na rin. :)

6. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

How old is your luggage? If it's already broken and these things take some abuse during travels, replacing those wheels might be more of a hassle. Newer ones, are lighter and more beneficial for you. Nowadays, airlines require a light luggage weigh-in. That's just a suggestion. But if Nine West will fix it for you, then I suggest you do that. The next best thing is Mr. Quickie here.

7. ice

Mr. Quickie now repairs luggages? As in wheel replacement? (sorry, haven't been to Mr. Quickie for a long time :) )

Can't remember the exact age of the luggage but should be less than 4 years old...

Sorry but can't afford to replace the luggage... It's a 3pc set used by my wife. So replacing the "check in bag" will mean that I also need to replace the 2 "carry ons"...

8. vsperalta

vsperalta Member

Any update/s on a reputable third party American Tourister luggage repair service? Wheels in particular. Thank you.

9. sbuckspodium

sbuckspodium Member

I don't know if you were able to find a solution, but i just came across this thread. If you haven't yet you could just use the wheels for the "carry ons" for use with the "check in" then just diy a wheel set from your local hardware store for your carry on(it will be much more sturdy and you'll get extra wheels for the other bags)
    Oh and in the future most airlines will give vouchers if your luggage was damaged.

10. coolpix32

coolpix32 Active Member

You can have it repaired at Besa's. In my experience though, I opted to replace my luggage (wheels were also the problem) as the cost of fixing it will be about 40% of the cost of a new luggage (considering mid-priced brands). Also, though luggage was still useable it was quite old already.

Mr. Quickie has luggage wheel repairs too. But I was never satisfied with their quality of repairs.

11. wulf

wulf Well-Known Member

same here, Crumpler carry-on. body is in excellent condition but outer layer of wheels have crumbled. Mr Quickie can only do traditional "school-bag" wheels though

12. cwaltherp22

cwaltherp22 New Member

13. ice

sorry for the OT...

How do you guys remove stickers from hard case bags? is it safe to use WD40?

14. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

If you still have the warranty, you can try sending it back where you bought it.

I remember buying American Tourister luggage from SM Megamall about 7 years ago. When one of the outer pockets got ripped off, I returned it to SM to have it fixed. It took them almost 5 months to return it all fixed up. I don't remember if any of the wheels need servicing, though.

15. king64

king64 Active Member

North face luggage are the worst cannot get the same red luggage wheels. Zero support.

16. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

We use shampoo and water with a rubber spatula. I got the idea from car tint removers. It will be clean, and will smell good too.