LTO license plate and registration issues

Discussion in 'General OT' started by ransom, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

^ I think you're referring to this post by Carguide.ph
    LTO Postpones Uniform Temporary Plates; Reiterates No OR/CR, No Travel

To: All LTO Accredited Dealers
    Subject: Deferment of Memorandum Date 11 January 2017 On the Use of Conduction Sticker as Temporary License Plate Number
    Date: 23 February 2017

Upon your request to defer implementation of the Memorandum requiring the use of conduction sticker as temporary license plate number, you are hereby notified that your request is granted. The implementation of the subject Memorandum shall be moved to 01 June 2017.

It is reiterated, however, that no motor vehicle shall be used or operated on or upon any highway without being registered (Sec 5 R.A. 4136, as amended).

(Signed)
    Edgar C. Galvante
    Assistant Secretary

In the event I was apprehended, I prepared a Jedi mind trick I could use on the enforcer:

Enforcer: Sir, patingin ng OR CR.
    Me: Boss hindi mo ako pwede hulihin kasi ending ng conduction sticker ko prime number kapag dini-bide mo sa number na color coding sa araw na ito.
    Enforcer: IOIOIOIOIO... rebooting...
    Me: Hindi mo ba nakuha yung latest memo ni Asec Galvante?
    Enforcer: Latest memo...
    Me: Naku boss pa update ka dun sa February 23 recall memo para sa February 15 na referendum na suspension hanggang June 1.
    Enforcer: Pero...
    Me: Sige ha, mauna na ako boss, late na ako e.
    Enforcer: Sige sir ingat po kayo.

I call this the These-are-not-the-droids-you-are-looking-for maneuver. Use their own stupidity and confusion against them.

Caution: may not work on hungrier crocodiles. Este enforcers.

#501 Godfather, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    jerichojanolo and tapnclick1940 like this.
  2. dasaint

dasaint PhilMUG Addict Member

Yup thats the one.

I am so pissed off how things are here I even wondered why I bother getting car in the Philippines

Godfather likes this.
  3. dasaint

My experience
    March 7 reserved my unit (payment )since there was a waiting time for the color I wanted
    March 19 Picked up my unit
    April 3 My OR/CR Released (It is dated March 30)

My agent delivered on all of his promised from car delivery date to OR/CR released. Yes 2 week release is doable.

Godfather likes this.
  4. Godfather

Congratulations! You are now a proud owner of an OR CR.

Don't you find it weird that we are congratulating each other for receiving a standard piece of document? :p

Don't you find it more fun in the Philippines?

And now, the loooooooooonng WAIT FOR THE PLATE game begins! Yahoo yehey!

5. putakti

putakti Active Member

Sobrang late ko na mag pa renew, pwde pa kaya after a year?

6. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

yes but you'll pay a stiff penalty. I think the rate is based on number of months delayed.

7. dasaint

HAHAHA
    Sadly yes something so simple that is made hard by our government

Godfather likes this.
  8. Pupkin

Pupkin Active Member

Applied for a new number plate 2 years ago.
    Every time I ask for updates they say still processing.
    Its not funny no more.
    I don't even have my 2017 registered sticker yet. Registered my car last January.

9. Jess

Jess PhilMUG Addict Member

i received my OR/CR exactly 10 days after i got my car. :)

10. funcityboy

funcityboy Active Member

2 weeks and counting for my unit, hopefully OR/CR will be much faster.

11. funcityboy

funcityboy Active Member

April 6 (Thursday) Settled the payment
    April 8 (Saturday) Unit ready for pick up
    April 11 (Tuesday) Picked up the unit
    April 19 (Wednesday) Called Toyota Q Ave LTO dept for updates and they told me that they're still waiting for the check to be generated for the LTO fees.

Clearly it's with the dealer who's choking the OR/CR process. Imagine that they already wasted 2 days just waiting for some check which I believe is part of their internal process.

12. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

Is it really no longer possible to request/pay for a specified ending number for the plate number?

We are planning a new vehicle purchase to replace our "coding" car and we are worried that we might end up with conduction stickers and eventually (when?) plate numbers that have the same coding day as our current primary car.

The dealer we talked to said that they can do something about the conduction sticker number, but as far as the plate number goes, it will be randomly generated and assigned by the LTO, and LTO will no longer accept payments for specific plate numbers. Are there still workarounds?

13. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

Sort of in the same dilemma. My car's conduction ending number is 8, while my wife's conduction ending sticker number is 7. So hassle that we're both coding on the same day (lucky us!).

My car's agent (Mazda) already advised me that I already have an assigned plate number which is Thursday coding too. Asked if I could change, she said may P5k fee daw. For my wife's car, the agent (Toyota) said that there is still no assigned plate number. I wonder why Mazda was able to advise me my assigned plate number, while Toyota hasn't since my wife & I got our cars at the same month last year. Anyway, the Toyota agent said that we could change naman the plate number once it arrives at no extra cost. Well, we're ok with any number, huwag lang sana same coding day again as mine. Well, I'm hoping that the Toyota agent would be true to his word that we could change it. But with the rate of plates being released, I won't expect to receive them in at least maybe 2 years. By then, who knows what monkey rules LTO would be implementing.

Godfather, Theus and gaol like this.
  14. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

I hope that's true, that you can have the assigned plate number changed, just in case.

15. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

by any chance, did you happen to previously mention to mazda that you did not want a 'Thursday coding plate'?

16. bugs

Yeah, hope so too. Any other day would do wag lang same as mine.

Ah nope didn't request from Mazda for a particular coding number.

17. Godfather

Sir Arn,

Your dealer said no more special plates? The 3 letters + 3 numbers and the 3 letters + 2 numbers? If so, this must be a fairly recent development.

As I posted here before, I took delivery of a car this past Feb 15. I requested for a 3 letters + 3 numbers, paid P21,000 for it, then the dealer (Ford Balintawak) asked me for my 5 options of letters and number choices.

More than a month later, on March 27, I got a text and email from my dealer that three of the five combinations were approved, and asked me to choose the final one. So I did.

Hope this option is still available. Maybe ask your dealer about these so-called "special plates."

P21k is no paltry sum, but quite necessary so really had no choice. But, it would be useless if someday the MMDA decides that the modified odd-even scheme would instead be in effect.

18. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

Ok good. Kami kasi we told alabang, and surprise, surprise, we were given what we did not ask for. Sabay "sir pwede naman palitan yan"

Note though 5k is too much, as we only paid 3k

bugs likes this.
  19. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

Paid for car 2nd week of march, took delivery 3rd week, got OR CR two weeks after.

We've got more than 5 cars that don't have their proper plates issued yet although we've paid for them. The government knows they owe us money for plates and stickers that were paid but never issued to the other cars.

Someone made a killing.

20. bugs

Ah ok that's good to know. So I assume that's also from Mazda? Did the finally give you the number ending that you like?