Livestreaming pro grade video podcasts

Discussion in 'Videographers' started by leadbelly, Nov 28, 2012.

1. leadbelly

leadbelly Member

Hi, I'm looking to create pro grade video podcasts, but I need to livestream it... and I need help!

I know I need cameras, mics, lighting, a mixer and a laptop (cause I need it to be mobile). My question is, which software? I researched for Mac software for video podcasting, but most are for editing later. What I need is something where I can edit on-the-fly (that is, insert clips, sound bites, switch cameras, etc). Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Oh, if you are a video podcaster, can you suggest the best but affordable setup? From lav mics, to mixer, etc.?

Cheers!

2. dexterandrada

dexterandrada Member

The best for OS x is Wirecast. Perfect for mobile will read firewire input or using matrox mxo2. With regards to affordable setup what is your budget in mind?

3. scar of the sky

If you're on budget constraints, Camtwist is stable enough with adequate functionality including chroma-key'ing. That is if you're running about 1 or 2 camera's.

Btw, out of curiosity, are using BMD cards? SDI cams or HDMI?