LF: vocal remover app

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by MaLt-, Dec 6, 2005.

1. MaLt-

MaLt- Member

is there a vocal remover app for mac? wala kasi akong mahanap eh. para magawa kong minus one some of the songs ;)

2. Dave_D

Dave_D Active Member

I think you cannot 'scrub' vocals from existing music, unless you have the individual tracks that are used to make them (drums, guitars, vocals etc).

Your best bet is to find a MIDI version of the song and encode it. MIDI files are similar to the raw data used by apps like Garageband.

3. Kenneth

Kenneth Moderator

refer to this thread. Please use the search function next time.

4. makinao

makinao Active Member

There are some audio editors that have a "vocal eliminator" setting. This simulates the old "Thompson Voice Eliminator" outboard from the 1980's. This only works on stereo recordings, and at most merely minimizes the vocals in the center to the point that you can sing over it and most people will hardly hear the original vocals anymore. I used this for a friend whose grade 2 daughter had to sing in a school program. Suffice to say it worked, and I doubt if anyone really noticed the original vocals amidst the noisy audience and the poor PA system.

The technical explanation goes something like this: the program takes one channel and throws it out of phase in a certain way with the other channel. This causes everything in the center (which presumably is where the lead vocals are) to go into phase cancellation.

I read somewhere that Audacity has it. If not then you could look around for a VST plug-in like Voicetrap.

[Edited on 6-12-2005 by makinao]

5. ax2x3m

ax2x3m Guest

punta ka analogx.com meron dun though di sya gagana sa lahat ng songs