LF Laptop Stand

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by aslau, Apr 23, 2009.

1. aslau

aslau Member

I am looking for a laptop stand for my macbook pro. By laptop stand, i dont mean the cooling devices or gadgets like cool feet etc. By stand i mean something like those in the orchestra where they put their music sheets on, but this time its flat. I plan on using it on times when there are no desks but there are chairs around. For example in a basketball game there are benches and i need the stand to place my laptop. Any info where i can get these? Thanks! :)

Sample Pic:
    [​IMG]

#1 aslau, Apr 23, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  2. duchess_speaks

ikea maybe?

[​IMG]
    rooms101.multiply.com
    newmanila23.multiply.com

not too sure about portability though...

3. RC

RC Active Member

I'd just like to say that although those stands were somewhat a hit maybe less than 10 years back (around 1997-99 there was a couple of companies producing such a product) for the "mobile warrior" there's a very good reason why one doesn't find these a lot anymore...

yup...you guessed it.... there's a very big possibility of the entire stand tipping over!

to not be so OT you can still try your local fry's or favorite comtuper dealer, just ask if they still have it in the back or maybe try and look in the sale bin...

In the philippines i haven't seen any computer shop carry this....though you can certainly just get a sturdy tripod or take the picture and give it to the local "talyer/aluminum shop" and i'll bet they can recreate this at minimal cost...

4. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

the "laptop stand" i want:

[​IMG]

it is perfect for my needs. it is adjustable, so i can put a laptop, a drum machine, a mixer, or a hardware synth module.

but i doubt that you can find it here in manila. i will order mine online, from sweetwater.com.

5. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

get the lapara available in greenhills...php 1,050 lang

6. iAM

iAM Member

You can try the 'pillow' like laptop stands at Digital Walker. Forgot what it's called though.

7. aslau

aslau Member

thanks for the reply guys!:)