LF: g3 ibook hardrive

Discussion in 'Legacy OS & Apps' started by imnotsheila, Feb 5, 2010.

1. imnotsheila

imnotsheila New Member

Anyone here who knows where can i buy hd for my 500mhz g3 ibook???!!?

Btw, i was looking for the forum for the jurassic macs =/

2. berniedd

berniedd Member

You need the older IDE (Parallel ATA) style. I'm not sure how much it can take, but I'm sure 120 GB is well within its capabilities. Some shops still carry it - see valuepc.com.ph

3. athos11

athos11 Member

i have a dead ibook G3, maybe you can use its hard drive. dont know how to remove it though.

4. gogetit

gogetit Active Member

I had ynzal upgrade my ibook g3 hard drive about 3 years ago, (from 10 gigs to 80). Cost something like P 4,000 or thereabouts. Give them a call.

5. berniedd

berniedd Member

It's hard to remove, many steps required.

6. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

My bro has a new p-ata (IDE) hdd for his PowerBook G4. It's 200-300gb. I can't remember. You can pm me if you want to buy it. I am not posting this in the ads yet because he is not 100% ready to sell it. But since he was toying with the idea, I can convince him.