Let's Go Swimming!

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by jaijin, Jun 21, 2009.

1. jaijin

jaijin Well-Known Member

Aside from the Philippine Colombian Association and Amoranto Sports Complex, where else can members go swimming and hire trainers? I'm inspired to get fit (haha) and get that really nicely toned swimmer's body. So many other things that can happen in the pool too!;)

#1 jaijin, Jun 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  2. cubee

cubee Member

what about Metro Club in Makati?

3. mitchie23mitch

how much does it usually cost for a swimming lessons

4. ChrisF

ChrisF Member

ULTRA in Pasig. Entrance to pool @ 42. Open Tue-Sun; 8:30-11:30 am then 1:30-4:30 pm.

I was quoted 3,500 for 10 sessions by a manong lifeguard before.

5. KiDKUMAG

KiDKUMAG Member

I thought this thread organizes a swimming get together for the muggers, haha.
    Anyway, swimming is really a good way to trim down your body.
    You get to enjoy na with swimming, you get advantageous physical results pa.

6. jaijin

jaijin Well-Known Member

Pwede rin sana, kaso wet season just started, baka mabasa tayo ng ulan...hahaha

7. KiDKUMAG

KiDKUMAG Member

Haha, tama, at baka humina pa ang ating immune system kapag naulanan tayo.
    Uso pa nman si AHINI...

8. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

Quezon City Sports Complex and Celebrity Sports. pero kayo na lang, im still working on my abs. hahaha

9. jaijin

jaijin Well-Known Member

Hmm..I believe swimming shokoy style will help your abs. haha.

10. just bry

just bry Member

nakakahiya mang aminin, i'm already in my twenties pero di ako marunong mag floating =)

but i can swim just not that good

11. docnap

docnap Member

I am also into swimming and hopefully will be able to swim regularly na..We have a pool in our village but it's too short for me..I like to do laps in a 50 meter pool..:)

12. mag

mag Member

is there an accessible and affordable lap pool near pasong tamo ext. thats available after office hours?

13. margaret

margaret Member

im looking for a nice and clean pool in Q.C. as well, anybody know of one? used to swim regularly in amoranto, but my friends and i started getting skin rashes, so we stopped going there. i dont think its a very clean pool.

14. the_butcher

the_butcher Member

im looking for lap pools where i can swim for my cardio, but i would prefer not tied to clubs. would anyone suggest a place for this?

15. the_butcher

the_butcher Member

i live in the manila area, near ermita

16. kies

kies Member

You can try Makati Aqua Sports Arena (MASA), located at west rembo makati, near University of Makati and Makati Park and Garden. It's a public pool, 50 pesos entrance for makati resident and 100 ( i guess, i have to check first to confirm) for non residents. 50-meters lap pool with 8 lanes and a kiddie pool with a little less than 25-meters. I can say that the pool there is clean. My son is a member of the makati skipjacks swim club and they train there every afternoon except sundays. Open tuesday-sunday, 6am-8 or 9pm. :D

17. jatorns

jatorns Member

OT: if you happen to swim or take lessons at the ultra on thursdays, you might just be able to catch the philippine underwater hockey confed practicing there thursday nights at around 7 or 8 pm.... its a good watch and work out!

BTT: you can also try the AFP pool, i just dunno how much the charge is.

18. theNerve

theNerve Member

bro nagstart na rin ako ng swimming two weeks ago, cross-training for my first 21k run early next year(???)...I swim here at Makati Aqua Sports Arena, (hopefully i'll do this every week)...

@kies
    entrance fee is 50 pesos for Makati resident and 150 pesos for non-resident and they are open from 8am to 8pm Tuesday to Sunday

19. adelphi

adelphi Member

dami chicks?

20. RC

RC Active Member

...Just recently discovered that a "popular" swimming school doesn't train their instructors basic CPR...

Not that i didn't have confidence that the instructors could save the students before this is needed...but the person i discovered didn't even know what "CPR STANDS FOR" gave me second thoughts on enrolling in their program...

Hope those with no idea at all (in swimming, or being around water)take this into consideration before enrolling for lessons private of otherwise...

As from my statement it was really an eye-opener for me... also been to some beaches which doesn't have any "lifeguard" at all...maybe it's just an "unspoken" rule for those with no experience to have "common sense" since we are in a "third world country" and should "instantly" know our own limitations...still small infractions like this is what i hope in the future would be "fixed" and soon...