Late 2020 Macbook Pro 13" M1

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by yoh_hectic, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Toiret

Toiret New Member

I have the same question! I read here somewhere, commented that it generally takes a month, more or less. Would like to still know if people reckon it's around that time as well. or any more accurate info would be nice :)

2. mafioso

mafioso Well-Known Member

sold my 2020 Macbook Pro 10th gen for the M1 model. So far so good.

3. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

How is app compatibility through rosetta? Have you encountered any problems yet?

4. mafioso

mafioso Well-Known Member

I havent tried any app requiring Rosetta.

warmgreentea likes this.
  5. yoh_hectic

yoh_hectic PhilMUG Addict Member

My $2,400 16" i7 vs $1,300 13" M1

6. donetus

donetus New Member

any drawbacks on the M1 MBP? One of my concern is how it handles the heat ..

7. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

Just got the MBP M1, couldnt resist the good price anymore, got it way cheaper than srp since the much cheaper macbook air M1 is in demand right now so gray market sellers had to move some stock of the mbp. This was my initial target but couldnt justify the $300 additional as I know the Air would definitely be enough for my current needs. I dont really promote buying from gray market resellers as I also personally prefer buying from official sellers but I already sold my mid 2020 macbook air and the itch to try out the M1 was too much to bear hehe ... So far so good, feels like using an ipad in terms of speed, as there are no load times for the apps i use, no beach ball or anything. Also the screen was noticeably better than my mid 2020 air, which surprised me as i thought the difference was only in brightness.

8. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Well-Known Member

67-69K on grey market compared to 72 srp. seems that demand is not that high as expected. been eyeing the mac mini m1, but seems overpriced at 42k at the current grey market prices.

9. shootertwist

^Demand is high on both but the macbook air is getting more attention as its more than capable enough with the m1 and cheaper, perfect for students and light to medium users.. even the mid 2020 macbook air was hard to get a stock on powermac and i had to wait for a month after release... , its 2 air for 1 pro in their ratio according to some folks i know... which works in my favor as i got the mbp cheap haha ... the batt life on this macbook pro is phenomenal to think i have just one full charge so its not exactly calibrated yet. I browsed the net watched youtube and some netflix and answered work emails for four hours this morning and the battery dropped by just five percent... no wonder i saw some reviews that say they go for a couple or several days without charging. A friend who dropped by the house to check out the new mbp m1 is now also selling his just a couple of months old intel macbook pro haha

jayparalejas likes this.
  10. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Well-Known Member

exciting! the biggest draw would be the battery life and performance. no more anxiety leaving your charging brick at home.

shootertwist likes this.
  11. quasar

quasar Active Member

I'd like to see if virtualization software will run on Apple Silicon chips. I'm forced to use VMWare Fusion on my MBP in order to run Windows for eBIRForms.

12. donetus

donetus New Member

oh . mahal pala pag sa atin (r more like laki ng "patong" .. was browsing sa Apple SG and if converted, nasa 65K yung 512GB/16GB model nila.

jayparalejas likes this.
  13. mikeyllorin

mikeyllorin Active Member

M1 MacBook Pro and Air officially available on apple.com/ph and the education store as of this morning. Pro starts at Php71990.

jcool likes this.
  14. shootertwist

Just checked apple store sg and it's 2149 sgd for the model you stated, which translates to 77.5k and not 65k. Even the base model is 1849 sgd, which is 66.6k pesos

15. donetus

donetus New Member

if you're based in PH and looking at Apple SG's then the price is converted from PHP to SGD i guess

Apple SG (SG Location).. .
    [​IMG]

Apple SG (PH Location)

[​IMG]

When I mentioned the price, I was at SG at the time and when I reached PH and checked Apple SG's website, the price diff is way too high.

#35 donetus, Dec 11, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  16. shootertwist

^nope its not converted, when you browse the SG Apple store you get it in SGD of course, same with other apple store websites, you get the local currency. But the screenshot you placed is for the intel version, we are talking about the M1 version on this thread. Hence the difference in price, kaya I was surprised the difference is so high when in fact it is not, you may want to check the M1 version of the macbook pro and not the Intel version as you posted. The ones i posted where SGD prices of the M1 versions on Apple Store SG, just converted it to peso.

17. donetus

donetus New Member

oh ok .. yeah i just noticed I uploaded the wrong image .. unless i uploaded the wrong pciture again, there's still a huge diff.

18. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

Looks like the revised screenshot you posted (captured when you were in Singapore) is not from the Singapore store but from the US Store. Notice the difference in the currency sign, one is plain $ (for USD) and the other is S$ (for SGD or Singapore Dollar). (Also, typing the same URL in your screenshot brought me to the US Store.)

$1299 and $1499 are the US prices for the M1 MBPs, before taxes.

#38 gaol, Dec 11, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  19. shootertwist

diff is not that much if you used the prices i gave you which was taken directly from apple store sg.
    And if you go to US site, sir gaol is right common mistake by those comparing prices is not going to the checkout itself and seeing the additional tax. Even the homepod and homepod mini i recently bought in US apple store got taxed quite a bit. The Airpods Max i ordered reached almost $600 at checkout, with about $50 going to the state tax.
    Anyway veteran philmuggers already know where and when to get great prices for macs, I myself has been using/buying one for more than a decade, that’s why i was surprised by the prices you quoted and turns out they were intel models, and not the M1 versions being discussed here. Check your updated screenshots, those are the exact prices i mentioned, just converted it.

20. donetus

donetus New Member

lol .. ok .. newbie mistake ..
    i stand corrected by you veteran philmuggers