Late 2020 Macbook Air M1

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by yoh_hectic, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

yes they do but cash (at least with the authorized reseller I spoke to).

rabby likes this.
  2. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

Thank you !

3. mikeyllorin

mikeyllorin Active Member

Hi everyone. So I've had this MacBook Air for 8 months now, and I've loved it the whole time. The entire experience has been terrific. But then I made the mistake of looking at the system report, and I noticed that the maximum capacity of the Mac's battery is now at 89%(!!!), with only a 59 cycle count. This is unheard of, to me. My previous Mac lasted 8 years and was still at about 85% maximum capacity, with about a 500+ cycle count. I downloaded Coconut Battery and it shows that maximum capacity is 81%, which is just depressing.

Anyway, is this normal to you? Am I being paranoid? Is this a matter of battery calibration? MacBook Air M1 owners, what's your maximum capacity now, and what's your cycle count?

Warranty is until February next year. No AppleCare+ (yet?), and no spare machine—so I'm super hesitant to take to the Service Center because it'll likely take a few weeks to evaluate and replace.

Attached Files:

4. 4p0se

4p0se Well-Known Member

I will download that too.

shifty_md likes this.
  5. 4p0se

4p0se Well-Known Member

Can't find vlc, airy, tiles, 1 click video converter at app store?

6. Skint

Skint Well-Known Member

I’m over the fence to buy a 1T SSD external hard drive to be used for Time Machine Back Up for my MBA M1 512GB.

Is it worth to spend (SAMSUNG T5 SSD)around 6K-7K pesos for a SSD for the intended purpose? Or any advice that is less expensive SSD brand that is reliable and as fast the brand mentioned?

Please educate me or kindly give me advice that are cost effective external hard drive that are worthy to be used for TM Back Up.

All reply are greatly appreciated thank you in advance!

7. Shinahashirome

Shinahashirome Active Member

I think there are not in the app store. I do get them using homebrew though.

4p0se likes this.
  8. Shinahashirome

Will your use case involve quick backups (short duration) of multiple files? If so then yes, SSDs are a way to go. You can check the ones from SanDisk as well. If it's purely for backup (regardless of how long it takes to backup) I suggest either a desktop-class hard drive (you could get 3 or 4TB drives for the same price more or less) and back up as needed (you may also connect it to the USB port of your router/access point, if you have one, and make it a NAS like setup which may take a longer time to backup but will save you the hassle of plugging in an out in the Macbook's USB ports.

Skint likes this.
  9. Skint

Skint Well-Known Member

Yes, I do know that my route should be SSDs.I already had ageing (2014) 4TB and 1 2TB Seagate still working but after watching and researching about magnetic mechanical platter worries me allot of hardware failures.

Yes you can get more capacity as well a lot cheaper or less expensive but not reliable in TM Back Up(When the time comes you need to restore).

I already researched the SSD Sandisk Brand but still not as fast as Samsung T5 and the price is almost the same as Samsung T5( For a 1TB).Let us see given a more sellers to compare prices and brand speed test benchmarks.

Actually my mind tells me of hesitation to settle to spend more for a SSD or finding justification to spend more for SSD because it was cost effective and save time when restoring huge files in time you need it.

I want to ask the POV of other people if it’s practical to spend in tech that much money for the intended purpose.This will bring back the question in my end how valuable your data?! Yes its so important!

Hahahaha, I want to make it sure that I will be spending the right way and finding validation that has same situation as I am.

Thank you for the reply and I appreciate it so much!Stay Safe

Shinahashirome likes this.
  10. 4p0se

4p0se Well-Known Member

What is homebrew?

11. Shinahashirome

It's a command-line package manager where I get apps that are not found in the app store. You can read more here: https://brew.sh

Alright, you really can't go wrong with Samsung T5s. I was about to suggest the X5 (thunderbolt version) for more performance, but I think it is twice as expensive.

Cheers (y)

4p0se likes this.
  12. Skint

Skint Well-Known Member

Does anyone here that their internal built microphone doesn't work this happened after updating my browser. I already done tutorials online but still no avail.