Late 2020 Macbook Air M1

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by yoh_hectic, Nov 11, 2020.

1. primo1

primo1 Member

So the question is now, when will this be available here in the Philippines??

2. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

by average its usually about a month to six weeks before it reaches our shores after getting released in PH, should be here by next month, gonna be a great Christmas gift hehe

Shinahashirome likes this.
  3. AceBurd

AceBurd Member

is it safe to buy in GH? will APR's honor warranty, thanks..

4. yoh_hectic

yoh_hectic PhilMUG Addict Member

Fan-less Late 2020 MBA M1 8GB memory 256GB storage on a 30W charger vs a lot of desktops and laptops

"Man with no shoes and 2 broken legs beats Usain Bolt in a footrace"

M1's TDP is less than 15W while all other x86 chips are 65-120W TDP

[​IMG]

#24 yoh_hectic, Nov 28, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  5. mongkee

mongkee PhilMUG Addict Member

Was surprised the M1 MacBooks are widely available in gray market sellers at near-exact Apple's prices. I was planning to upgrade from my 2017 12in MacBook by next year but did so sooner than I thought because of early availability in GH.

The MBA M1 really is fast and Craig Federighi's demo of instantly waking it from sleep is spot on

AceBurd and shifty_md like this.
  6. yoh_hectic

yoh_hectic PhilMUG Addict Member

Shipping is cheap and if it's priced 49k or below then turnover should be quick.

7. shootertwist

Anyone with inside news if this will arrive anytime soon officially? Thinking of buying sa gray market kung next year pa hehe but kung malapit na might as well wait hehe

8. mikeyllorin

mikeyllorin Active Member

M1 MacBook Air and Pro now available on apple.com/ph and the education store!

I'm seriously giddy

jayparalejas and Shinahashirome like this.
  9. rimewire

rimewire Member

Just got myself a Macbook Air through the PH Apple Store but I'm bummed that it arrives next year pa. I'm upgrading from a 2012 Macbook Pro (lol) so I'm ready to get blown away by the M1 chip.

jayparalejas and mikeyllorin like this.
  10. ivin

ivin Active Member

you guys think its a better buy than a ipad pro?

11. mafioso

mafioso Well-Known Member

depends on your needs.

12. ivin

ivin Active Member

Hmm more of on typing, presentations occasional lite video editing and media consumption.

13. shootertwist

I have both the macbook pro M1 and the ipad pro 11 with magic keyboard and I really wouldnt say one is better than the other since both have good use case scenario. The ipad pro has improved by leaps and bounds with the magic keyboard (overpriced yes but with the way they implemented it with the trackpad just takes it to a whole new level) and I could certainly write on it for casual emails and even longer ones if needed. However, when I really know I will be doing intensive writing and research, i still turn to the macbook pro. I am not gonna lie though, sometimes i wish the macbook pro has a touchscreen since with M1, its like an ipad now with apps just opened in an instant and you can just breeze through your work flow with no lag at all, not to mention the battery life that I find even better than my ipad pro. And when using the ipad pro, sometimes I wish it had a bigger screen (could be remedied by getting a 12.9, mine is the 11 inch ipad pro) and more desktop like the macbook. So I guess they really do complement each other and until such time that apple finally adds a touchscreen or more desktop work flow on the ipad pro or a toouchscreen on the macbooks, then having these two are the way to go if you dont want any compromises.

Having said that, it doesnt mean you could not do what I just said on either machine, it is workable, just not ideal, at least for my usage. If I had to choose one and my primary is media consumption, the ipad pro will do, especially the 12.9 i guess. But if my goal is to use it for more complex tasks primarily then the macbook air or pro is still the way to go.

ivin likes this.
  14. Godfather Actual

Godfather Actual New Member

Care to elaborate which store?

15. Godfather Actual

Godfather Actual New Member

Depends on how you use your iPad Pro. But nothing beats a Macbook for me. iPad Pro sure complements the ecosystem, but I never really bothered working much on iPad Pro except for its Lidar capability.

16. amyn

amyn New Member

Got too excited purchasing the M1 from Apple Online when I saw it was available... Picked the wrong color, fam. Huhu

17. ironclaw79

ironclaw79 Member

First time ordering at Apple PH online store. I got my e-invoice already and it is stated that my credit card has been charged. Yet, when I checked my card, no amount was deducted. When will the amount be reflected in my card and was my order successful? I already got the tracking details in dhl website.

#37 ironclaw79, Dec 16, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  18. iAmMichael05

iAmMichael05 Active Member

I read somewhere that Apple will only charge your card once they already shipped or delivered the item.

19. sabsar

sabsar Well-Known Member

That is correct.

20. amyn

amyn New Member

They put it on hold/pending and only charge you when they ship