Late 2007 Macbook Pro Battery Unboxing

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by raynos13, Jul 2, 2009.

1. raynos13

raynos13 Member

Hello!

My old battery (over 2 years old) started to loose its capacity and started to bulge. So, I ordered from the Apple Philippine Online Store a new battery. I ordered it on June 30 and it arrived on July 2. It was arrived earlier than what the Apple Website said (July 7).

So I thought of sharing little unboxing pictures.

I hope you like them! :)

[​IMG]

DHL Package

[​IMG]
    Inside the Box

[​IMG]
    The New Battery and Warranty Information

[​IMG]The old bulging battery (left) and the new battery (right)

2. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

Nice photos. Even something as mundane as a battery, Apple packs it pretty. :)

A question though, have you tried asking for replacement for the batteries? I know 2 years is beyond warranty but I believe that Apple replaces them because the bulging is plainly a factory defect.

3. DON2003

DON2003 Well-Known Member

may I ask if you pay only the price on Apple Online Store? any added taxes or duties from our local customs?

planning to order few cables and accessories but don't want any surprises when package arrived.

also any experience on ordering a computer? are taxes & duties included already or bahala na when it landed?

thanks,

4. lovegrocery

lovegrocery Member

no tax and duties :) kung ano binayaran mo sa apple website, thats it. :) i think it was discussed in one of the threads here re: Apple Store PH. :)

5. raynos13

raynos13 Member

I had not tried yet contacting Apple, although I could use another battery. ;)
    Thanks. :)

6. raynos13

raynos13 Member

Yup. Same here. No additional charges were made on the credit card, the price charged was the same as the one on the apple online store.
    Sadly, I have yet to try buying a computer online. On experience, the stores like Ynzal and Digital Walker tend to be cheaper than the prices on the Apple Online Store.

7. alikishi

alikishi Well-Known Member

the prices online include the 12% tax already