Laser etching service in Manila?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by anchorite, Aug 21, 2006.

1. REDcrazy

REDcrazy Well-Known Member

This would be great for those iPods with scratched Stainless backs.

2. brucewayne

brucewayne Member

Really interested in my having my mac for etching. how do we find out if it will void the warranty. I still have 2 1/2 years of warranty for my mac.

3. starry

starry Member

Pwede kaya 1st gen iPod shuffle? di kaya kasi mahirap kasi ang liit niya? if so .... design suggestions?

LRI used to be DPSI Business Center. The one who used to be the Apple distributor. Most likely familiar to our long time Mac users.

4. Lakan

Lakan Member

Set your worry aside, starry. Design can be resized to fit your gadget. And the computer that controls the laser will be precise on this. Plus you can instruct the staff to do as you please. I just don't know how etches will look like in 1st Gen iPod Shuffle's white plastic. Yours perhaps can be the starter.

Re: LRI as former DPSI Business Center... I heard this story from Chris, the DCI Staff. What used to be an entire warehouse solely doing Apple distribution became a small room now. But hey, the entire building is renovated very well. Great design showrooms.

5. Lakan

Lakan Member

BTW, you can enjoy access to free wifi in DCI. Must be the neighbors' connection extending to the DCI office. Surf for free while waiting for your mac's tattoo fix. hehe

6. wlvn

wlvn Member

Re: Beautiful Laser Engraved Macbook (Pro)

Nah! Plain macs would be enough to make heads turn. Especially the MacBook Air. Haha. :cool:

7. maryannemoll

maryannemoll Guest

I have been thinking of having a Victorian-style "M" laser-engraved somewhere near the handle of my Lucite cane. I've read this entire thread and have understood that laser etching can be done on almost anything. Question is, will it weaken the integrity of the Lucite which is less than an inch in diameter? Also, I don't have a design of the "M" yet!

The cane is already perfect as it is, but I would just like to add a teeny tiny little something that would make it "mine."

I'll be calling DCI tomorrow. In the meantime, anyone here ever had any experience with laser etching on Lucite?

8. lawrencebosox45

lawrencebosox45 Active Member

that way if you whack someone with your cane they'll have a "m" etched onto their forehead.

9. macychic

macychic Member

wow, congrats! nice job. :)

reminds me of this video.

10. lawrencebosox45

lawrencebosox45 Active Member

i thought that was kristen bell! like twice! wait is that kristen bell?! no it isn't wait... is it?

11. msinco

msinco Member

Re: Beautiful Laser Engraved Macbook (Pro)

i agree! :) Nothing beats a Macbook Air when it comes to head turning.. hehe

12. papaystarr

papaystarr Member

I'm not certain on this but as I remember it right, American Technogies, Inc. do this type of job also. FYI, they are the company who owns Metaza, Pixographics and they are the official local distributor of Wacom here in the Philippines. You can visit their retail shops for inquiries in the mall or you can visit their website. Their main office is located somewhere in San Juan, near the cockpit arena.

13. mindless

mindless Member

It's Leah Culver co-founder (along with Kevin Rose of Digg fame) and developer of Pownce

14. papaystarr

papaystarr Member

Now I remember: the machine that I am talking about is called Laserati. You can find it in Metaza stalls in major malls but I've heard that they pulled out the unit and stationed it in their office in San Juan for the reason na hindi daw kumikita [whatever the reason, it's none of our business]. DCI is using the same machine [versacam] that Metaza is using, I just don't know which one is cheaper. The advantage though of DCI is mas accessible sya compared to ATI and P8/sq. in. is a bargain plus the staffs are very accommodating. Just a piece of advice: have it tested sa scrap material similar to your actual unit before proceeding sa actual etching para kapag hindi nyo nagustuhan yung print hindi kayo manghinayang. Different materials have different surface tolerances and effects. Ok sya sa mga naka-black na MB, parang baller ID yung effect sa kanya.

15. itnetad

itnetad Active Member

this is really nice i watched "Leah Culver's " MBP getting tatooed before and was thinking that time if its possible to have the technology here, but hey long wait is over :)

16. t3nity

t3nity Member

Guys any news ont he etching of ipods and iphones? Pls. post your pics Thanks...

17. lexusstyler

lexusstyler Member

i dont know from where. but i found a pic of homer simpson eating the apple at the back of an iphone. ill try to look for that post. i found it quite amusing =)) i want to have my iphone etched too. has anyone had theirs etched? pls do post some pics and feedbacks. and another question. does the machine ever get jammed or something? where the picture comes out blurry or wrong? if ever what do we do with this problem?

18. waxx

waxx Member

19. jaijin

jaijin Well-Known Member

wow, i gotta get mine done soon! how much did it cost you for the iphone?

20. carloslegarda

carloslegarda Member

"re etch it soon" - HAhahahahaha - Did you swallow it?:D