laptop bags here in the Phils.

Discussion in 'Other hardware discussions' started by nemo, Mar 13, 2008.

1. nemo

nemo Member

what store 'specializes' in bags here in the philippines? laptop bags in particular.
    a kind of store that carries many brands and many models...a store that can get a hold of a particular bag i want from a certain brand....and can give me competetive prices!

or what brands have stores/botiques/distributors here? (like crumpler/timbuktu and the like...)

im basically in need of a back-pack type laptop bag. since im a student, it will double as my schoolbag and my sack-of-life so aside from just a laptop and it's peripherals it has to have room for a bit more...then of course it has to look good and be sturdy :)

I'd appreciate your suggestions! thanks:cool:

2. techiechic

techiechic Member

digital walker or power mac store especially in greenbelt sells lots of laptop bags and they also carry different brands.. im sure youll find one there that will suit your needs.. ;)

#2 techiechic, Mar 13, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  3. bertoo1960

bertoo1960 Member

4. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

A friend of mine, not a Mac user unfortunately, distributes Ful and Booq bags. They're so new, you won't find them on the shelves yet.

I bought three Ful bags, two of which were laptop bags, and am pretty pleased with the quality. Am also looking at buying a Booq bag.

5. salt analog

salt analog Member

I checked out the links you posted and i liked the Ful backpacks especially the Refugee! Im very interested in buying from your friend but i wanna checkout the bag in person and see how my 15" MBP fits in it. Is there a way it can be arranged? Thanks in advanced!

6. designerd

designerd Member

The Travel Club has lots and lots of bags. Anson's carry mostly Belkin bags, but I'm not sure if they have backpacks.

7. _geo_

_geo_ Member

@rbenzon, I'm interested in the ful backpack too. Pls give me details how to contact your friend. Thanks.

8. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    The Travel Club @ Trinoma carries many different brands -- from executive travel (ex. Samsonite) to outdoor gear (NorthFace, Timbuk2, Columbia, etc.) This branch carries an extensive line-up!

9. kartman

kartman Member

for a more rugged line of laptop bags/backpacks, you can also try ROX in Bonifacio High Street.

10. Mikey

Mikey Member

Hi Nemo,

Please check this out...

http://www.be-ez.com/pdf/beez_e-catalogue_sept2007.pdf

You can drop by Media Quest Marketing kiosks located at the Cyberzone SM City North EDSA Carpark near the PowerMac Center, 4th level SM Megamall Bridgeway infront of DAD's Restaurant and 2nd Level Glorietta 3 near All Flip Flops.

11. taongyaman

taongyaman Member

Agree! I got my Timbuk2 Marina and 2 other items there coz I can't resist the urge.

12. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    I visited ROX a few weeks ago and was glad to see all the nice outdoor gear there, including ruggedlized laptop packs!

Turns out the company that owns ROX is also strongly affiliated with The Travel Club...

13. chynx

chynx New Member

do you have a pricelist for the items on the pdf file?

14. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

just pinged my friend for permission to give out his contact details.

suggest you visit http://rcbaizas.multiply.com

or more specifically, for his ful post, http://rcbaizas.multiply.com/photos/album/35

his contact details are shown on the latter page.

his price is quite reasonable, the same or a little over the msrp on ful's web site.

ask him for his booq series, too, which are a bit more laptop-focused, but also a bit more *high-end*.

15. _geo_

_geo_ Member

Thanks rbenzon ! Got in touch with him na.

16. Kiko

Kiko Well-Known Member

Those are nice bags. Thanks for the link and contact details.

#16 Kiko, Mar 14, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  17. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 PhilMUG Addict Member

really?! I've been salivating to those Booq bags when I was still in the U.S. but gave up on it since I left. Too bad I'm not in Manila I would have asked what Booq inventory your friend has.

18. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 PhilMUG Addict Member

Haha! I know what you mean. I haven't tried those booq bags though - but I hope they are comfortable with that price tag. I'll take a look at your friends site tonight. thanks!

19. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

Any one here familiar with Pelican laptop cases? Are those available for sale here in the Philippines? I love to get one especially since I'll be traveling to a lot of beaches this year :)

20. stephy

stephy Member

pelican laptop cases -- saw one at quiapo. Watson =)