Justice league movie

Discussion in 'Media and content' started by morphine, Jul 3, 2013.

1. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

JL was 8.5/10 for me. The bad reviews gave me low expectations, but the movie was a DC home run for me. The flash did steal the show. I thought Aquaman had a great start in the movie but his character just became annoying to me towards the end. He never seemed particularly useful in any of the fights. Then again, that's Aquaman in the comics too. Maybe I needed to see him do his talking to fish thing...

2. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...Batfleck’s Chedeng was from the video game, Gran Turismo.

#102 raypin, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    Sunil_K likes this.
  3. raypin

Mm...not a fan of Aquaman......even when I was a kid......and this didnt help either:
    images.jpeg

:ROFLMAO:

alanis_junkie and Sunil_K like this.
  4. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Yup. Too bad Heath Ledger’s deceased. We could have had a Brokeback Mountain reunion.

raypin and Godfather like this.
  5. fcdiesta

fcdiesta PhilMUG Addict Member

I don't recall seeing it in the movie's cast credits, but they say that the cop checking in Barry Allen during his prison visit to his dad was played by Marc McClure, who played Jimmy Olsen in the Christopher Reeve "Superman" movies. Rumors also say he was playing that same cop character in the scene where Cyborg saved him from a vehicle in the trailers (which I did not see in the heavily edited movie). The scene where Cyborg says "You should probably move" afterwards. That's a cool Easter egg...
    [​IMG]

Godfather likes this.
  6. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

Yup. Noticed him and told my kid as we were watching. Of course she has no idea who he is.

Aside from being bald now, he looks pretty much the same. Jimmy Olsen's a vampire.

7. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    ^Aww, I missed Marc MacClure!! Sayang!

8. lamski

lamski PhilMUG Addict Member

Steppenwolf was the boss, Aquaman is the tank while Wonder Woman is the high DPS melee, Cyborg is the mage, Batman is a camper, Flash manages the aggro, and Superman is god-mode.

9. christianz30

christianz30 Active Member

The movie turned out with an "ok" for me as well....
    I had low expectations and my expectations were met, not exceeded...
    I loved the interaction between Wonder Woman and Cyborg, everyone else' interaction seems forced.
    I'm not a DC fan and I don't know if it's too offensive but I kinda agree with the critics for it being inconsistent.
    The BvS movie was serious and this one was like a whole turn.
    I think they made Batman's image in this movie too soft....
    I also did not like the fact that they immediately revived Superman after one movie and his come back didn't bring enough glorious feels.
    I was waiting for that "OH WOW!!!" moment but as of writing this, I can't remember any.
    Overall it is still better than the BvS movie but I believe Wonder Woman is a more solid movie.
    I'd give this a 6.5/10 :)

potpot2 likes this.
  10. lamski

lamski PhilMUG Addict Member

I bought the MoS + BvS + SS + WW movie pack on iTunes last night... it was on sale for 43 USD.

Sunil_K and christianz30 like this.
  11. leninmac

The film was butchered. Stupid WB Exec. Kevin Tsujihara ( I wish his last name was Feige) mandated a 2 hours or less film run time. Hence you see some inconsistencies in the story. Wilhelm Dafoe originally had a role as Vulko. There were even rumors that Superman was supposed to wear that black suit reminiscent of the Death of Superman storyline. With the disappointing box office results of Justice League, the DCEU is in the danger of being rebooted or being scrapped. The only movie from the DCEU that both had box office and critics success was Wonder Woman. The rest were either critically panned or had audiences divided.

Juice and Sunil_K like this.
  12. Jim2

Jim2 Member

Marc MacClure also played Marty McFly's older brother in the BTTF movies :)

The JL movie had so much baggage during production that it was actually a relief for me that they finally released it. It was okay, could've been better. Agree with the comments that the movie suffered story-wise because of the decision to limit the running time to two hours. I hope they release an extended edition on Blu-ray ala BvS. And despite what some critics are saying, I think it succeeded in generating excitement in the next projects in the DCEU particularly the Aquaman movie in Dec 2018. Although next year, it's going to be a banner year for the MCU: Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity War and Ant-Man & the Wasp!

13. leninmac

2018 will also be a banner year Fox Marvel. New Mutants, Deadpool 2 and XMen Dark Phoenix. DC will just have Aquaman. With the exception of Wonder Woman 2, all of the DC's planned movies including Flashpoint, Shazam, Batman, the Scorsese produced mafia-based stand alone Joker movie, Whedon's Bat Girl, Suicide Squad spinoff Mad Love and Gotham City Sirens are now a big question mark. Analyst are saying that WB can lose as much as USD100M partly due to JL's dismal box office performance but also due to its hefty USD300M production cost.

14. fcdiesta

fcdiesta PhilMUG Addict Member

The air-bubble scene in Atlantis was a head-scratcher though. Do you mean in the entire kingdom, when people need to talk they need to create air bubbles around them? Couldn't they think of a more creative way to show Atlanteans conversing underwater? Thankfully, "Aquaman" director James Wan tweeted that they won't be using this method to converse in his movie...

15. marky2115

marky2115 Active Member

Watched this last Friday. An OK movie. Portrayal of Batman (my favorite DC character) is awful. Aquaman's cool. Can't wait for its own movie. Flash, Cyborg are OK. Superman is too powerful. Gal Gadot is really super HOT here than in Wonder Woman movie. She portrays the character very well so she's the best DC character in this movie for me.

suigeneris likes this.
  16. linkk

linkk Active Member

watched it twice already and still like it very much, not sure where all the hate is coming from :(

suigeneris likes this.
  17. raypin

Mm...agree...no air bubble to converse. Just follow this:

:p:ROFLMAO:

suigeneris likes this.
  18. suigeneris

suigeneris Well-Known Member

Hahahahaa! At pinanood ko talaga siya hanggang matapos! :D

raypin likes this.
  19. morphine

morphine Active Member

wow... Gobsmacked that this thread is still alive... Justice League was okey-ish

20. vic2rp

vic2rp Active Member

Box office update is 572M as of today (box office mojo).