just purchased the apple in ear headphones

Discussion in 'iPod, Apple TV and other Apple-branded entertainm' started by lorodz, Dec 3, 2008.

1. lorodz

lorodz Member

hi. I just purchased the apple in ear headphones with remote and mic via the apple philippine store. Evrerything went smooth, the store gave me an order number and stating that they will email me shortly. It has been 2 hours now and i havent received an email from apple. Is this normal?

2. Skint

Skint Well-Known Member

Hey Lorodz,

How much?

Post your reviews on the phones.

congratulation on your new apple purchase.

3. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

Skint, you should check out some of his more recent posts, since he's posted more updates since the post you just replied to.

4. Skint

Skint Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reminder

5. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

it costs $75.

:eek:

6. Skint

Skint Well-Known Member

Ang mahal naman.

Is it worth the price?

7. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

I ordered at around 2am (Sunday Dec. 12), I just got a confirmation email but the status is still Not Yet Shipped, maybe its because it's a weekend? I will still wait for the status to be changed. If there's no activity for 2-3 days, I'll call Apple

8. eonneon

eonneon New Member

review naman po. dual drivers daw ang bagong earphones ng apple eh. and at $75, medyo mas mura po siya kumpara sa ilang mga in-ear earphones gaya ng mga multi-driver options ng shure, etmyotics at ng westone.

9. nwinter

nwinter Active Member

Confirmation email that you ordered it or that it was shipped? For this item, it takes 7 to 10 business days before they ship it. Once they do, you will receive another email indicating the tracking no.

10. twonavels

twonavels Member

http://store.apple.com/ph ?

Anyway yeah, they take their own sweet time to assemble their product. Shipping date is the date when they'll start mailing it or giving it to the courier.

When I bought a shuffle as a gift, I added a $25 itunes gift card for the free shipping. The gift card arrived like 1 1/2 weeks after the shuffle because it took them forever to ship that thing.

11. essay

essay Active Member

apple insider's review of apple in-ear headphone.

12. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

are these better than the sennheisers and shures? any real world experiences? please share. thnx!

13. dominiquejames

dominiquejames Active Member

14. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

I got mine already! :)

15. bam328

bam328 Member

Hay.. How is it? Details... You know youll be asked bout the details.. Nbtin 2loy ak.

16. IronMan

IronMan Member

I ordered mine Dec 14th and got it on the 18th. Quite swift!

At P4,290, i don't think it's expensive considering that the quality of the sound is great, voices are crisp, sounds are distinct, albeit bass is not much compared to the Vmoda Vibe Duo that i've tried before this.

Just like Apple claimed it, it's like hearing your music for the first time again. There are instruments that you never thought were there before. ;)

I had the perfect fit using the Large eartips. Plus the pill container for the extra eartips is cool. :)

17. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

My Review:

If you are looking for Bass, this is not for you. I was expecting a "boom" out of it but sadly it did not deliver.

If you are into acoustics, this headset is definitely a great buy! I agree to those people who said you will hear for the first time the instruments you did not hear with you old buds.

I was expecting the remote to be solid. When you feel it, it's so soft you can break it easily if you are not careful. I do not know about the others but I am extra careful with the remote.

This is a great headset if you don't want to display your touch in public places. If you want Bass, go for JBL,Bose or Skullcandy

If you want casual listening and to really hear all instruments individually in your song, this will do the job

As for the price, since the package is from singapore I think it's just fair enough to charge extra. (Due to Air cost and Taxes)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rcalicdan/sets/72157605933536734/

In addition:

Noise cancellation is also superb. :)

#17 rabby, Dec 20, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  18. Elx200001

Elx200001 Active Member

The reviews are looking good. I might look into this if it's similar to my old ck7's sound. I was going for grados but with 50% markup locally, I'll just grab some in the states next year.

19. bam328

bam328 Member

I hope this question isnt prohbted.. But will it sound good too with ilegally downloaded tracks?

20. Elx200001

Elx200001 Active Member

Uhm.. Legal or illegal, it depends on the encoding of the said music. If it's a high bit rate file then the music would sound good on any decent pair of head/earphones.

I hope that local PMC's and DW's get the new apple in-ears soon. I'm skipping a present for myself since I can't find anything worth getting for Christmas. :)

OT:
    I'm in the process of re-encoding a good number fo my cd's now into AAC "True VBR". I had LAME MP3 before but the files are at least 1mb larger than an AAC "True VBR" of the same track.