Just for fun: Do you ONLY use Apple MFi Certified Chargers and Cables for your iOS Device?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ice, Jul 5, 2018.

Tags:
?

Do you ONLY use Apple MFi Certified?

1. Yes, I only use Apple MFi Certified Accessories

27 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. Only Apple MFi Certified Charger

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Only Apple MFi Certified Cable

11 vote(s)
    19.3%
  4. No, I use ANY Cable and Charger

19 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. jflorendo

jflorendo Member

Currently using cables from Anker (MFI), UGreen and Baseus (not sure if MFI is legitimate for the last 2).

For chargers, I have a 4-port usb charger from Anker and 4-port from mi at home and UGreen and Baseus for the cars.

I still bring with me an original cable from Apple as a backup :)

2. rvaph

rvaph Active Member

If it charges my device, I use it.

3. Chip

Chip PhilMUG Addict Member

I've only been using Anker cables and have not taken out the cable included in the box since I got the 6S+. As for the charger, I switch between Apple's wall charger and several Anker multi-ports when charging as well, even in the car.

4. zChris

zChris Active Member

I used to use anything that works but I am almost complete in shifting to MFI certified cables. I will likely keep my chargers to whatever works but shifting to more reliable brands like Anker, Aukey, and of course Apple.

This is happening as I ran into issues with some chargers/cables showing strange behavior on the devices. For instance, I had a charger / cable combo that, while charging, rendered my touch screen unresponsive. Unplugging the iPhone fixed everything.

I also had another instance where charging an Apple device (Airpods I think) with an original lightning cable (but plugged into a generic USB charging port, would not charge the Apple device.

raypin likes this.
  5. jesusluison

jesusluison Active Member

How,s the Performance of tronsmart Wireless chargers? Thanks

6. jologs

jologs Member

I just bought an Anker MiFi Certified Lightning Cable. The build quality seems more robust than the flimsy stock Apple Lightning Cable.

jesusluison likes this.
  7. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

been using 3rd party cables since forever hahaha i keep the original apple cable so if i sell my gadget it would still be in good condition. no problem whatsoever.

jesusluison likes this.
  8. patreng

patreng Active Member

been using anker for cables and chargers

jesusluison likes this.
  9. racz41

racz41 Member

I like it, it's QI Standard, has 2 charging coils and it also has a built in fan to reduce heat when charging. The only downside for me is that it doesn't include a power adapter, although it came with a micro usb cable.

Over all I'm very satisfied with it.

jesusluison likes this.