J.CO Donuts and Coffee

Discussion in 'Food' started by greenarcher, Dec 26, 2011.

1. portgasDace

portgasDace Account Suspended
    ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

did i say i'm a fan? back read please! i dont know what kind of thinking you had. it's just like MCDO vs JOLLIBEE. where there is A mostly there is B.

besides some stores came to the PH that were not premium abroad became premium here.

2. dfused

dfused Member

Donuts lang yan mga pare ;-) easy.

3. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

4. bender

bender Member

JCO donuts are just ok. i wouldn't know the difference between them and Krispy Kreme. What I don't like are the long lines in some of outlets. They are a sign of inefficiency and poor customer service.

5. jlconferido

jlconferido Well-Known Member

I've had KK and J Co and both are good. I will assume that since the latter is newer and the flavor of the moment, people are attracted, hence, lining up. To be honest, I may not be that familiar with what J Co has to offer the doughnut world but I simply do not have the patience to queue to get my fix that can be satisfied with KK or DD. Dunkin's premium doughnuts are good naman.

6. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

J. Co at UP Town Center, no lines when I passed by last week.

No Krispy Kreme either.:cool:

7. motoflux

motoflux Lemon Pepper Fan

dude, if i am thinking based on your post and i sounded arrogant, my apologies. It wasn't meant to be like that. I just reacted in your post regarding on the presence of J.Co in every KK.

Dunkin donut na lang tayo, libre kita ;)

peace bro.

8. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Donut payt!

Donut payt!!!$@&%#?!

9. portgasDace

portgasDace Account Suspended
    ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

Dude. No worries peace bro.

10. Jsnc

Jsnc Active Member

I have to disagree with this observation. The more likely reason is Filipinos' penchant for trying what is in vogue. " Ang haba ng pila, masarap siguro ( or masarap daw)... Masubukan kaya!"
    No lines in Eastwood from late evenings to early mornings.

11. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

If you mean 'inefficient customers', I have to agree with you. Some line up for a long time, and when they reach the counter, that's the only time they think of what they want. I guess you've never seen the long queue at Georgetown Cupcakes in DC. The system and the crew are the paragon of efficiency and customer service and yet the lines are still long. Try also the famous food trucks in DC. Same long lines but moving quickly.

12. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mmm.....I think the problem also lies with the production: the production area is merged with the selling area and the packaging area. Roughly 20% of available floor space is devoted to those three activities (with the balance for sit-in and take-out customers). The result is the employees who are assigned to sell, collect and process payments, package and produce are squeezed in such a small area that, more often than not, they get in each other's way. Inefficient use of space results in inefficient service to customers. They should streamline it by allocating more space to their employees. The models for efficient service are already present: just look at the typical McDonald or Jollibee.

13. dfused

dfused Member

I think these are all for gimmickry, it slows the production and delivery to create that long queues.

You are right, sir. There are models to follow for faster and efficiency. And plus the inefficient customers -- hahaba ng ang pila ;-)

14. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

With your line of reasoning, may I add that they MAY be doing the inefficiencies deliberately to conjure a line as long as the eye could see? If that's the case, shame on J.Co. I could think of 101 ways to speed up their process.

15. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mmmm....another solution I can think of to address the long-lines is for J. Co to adopt the self-service template being implemented by Bread Talk. Customers do not have to line up. The goods are properly displayed in the sellling area, separate from the check-out counters, and customers have to pick the goods and placed in the provided service tray before proceeding to the check-out counter for packaging and payment. Customers who like to take their sweet little time (tangina miss pareparehong tinapay yan) can do so without inconveniencing other customers who already know what they want. I do not think that J. Co is deliberately creating those long queues. It is bad business practice because it generates customer dissatisfaction (compromising repeat business). It is just the result of poor planning.

#295 raypin, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  16. frequenzy

frequenzy Active Member

i think it's already deliberate (long lines) especially on JCO Trinoma, at first i thought it was just because they are new like when Krispy Kreme first opened. but after months of operation it looks like they really don't have any plans to provide faster service. really bad marketing gimmick but it's working for them. unfortunately its bad for us consumers.

one other thing i noticed is that they don't make enough of the best sellers, when you get to the counter they will tell you that its not available and if you are willing to wait again. so if you don't have the luxury of time, you will be forced to get the available donuts that you didnt intend to purchase on first place.

17. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

Just passed the greenbelt store; no lines

18. glennba27

glennba27 Active Member

Signs of hype starting to die down? Probably the same thing that happened to Go Nuts Donuts and KK.

19. AthanWylde

AthanWylde Active Member

Unti-unting nagigising na ang tao sa katotohanan na di masarap ang donuts nila.

20. blessie15

blessie15 Active Member

I like J.Co's line of green tea donuts, its probably the only thing that draws me to the store.