iWork Pages

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by ejvillanueva, Sep 18, 2008.

1. ejvillanueva

ejvillanueva Guest

I recently made a 3 fold 8 x 11 inch business brochure using Pages from iWork '06. Are there any printshops in Metro Manila that accommodate this filetype? I tried exporting it both to PDF and Doc formats but there's just significant loss of detail. TIA.

2. englishrose

englishrose Member

we almost have the same problem ejvillanueva. i am using iWork '08 and every time i send my files there's always a checked box that says 'send windows-friendly attachment' but people using Windows OS couln't open the file or some details are lost. someone help us pls..

3. briareos

briareos Member

@englishrose:
    "send windows-friendly attachment" only means you don't send out those ._filename.extension files along with the document file. However, you are still sending a Pages-native file and so the receiver must be able to open Pages. Unfortunately, no version of Word can open Pages files. It would be best for you to export or print to PDFs.

@ejvillanueva:
    I know of no print shop that uses Pages. There might be some out there.
    If the Save as PDF in the Print dialog or the Export to PDF functions of OSX and Pages aren't up to snuff, you could try using a more powerful PDF builder like Adobe's own Acrobat Pro.

4. englishrose

englishrose Member

Thank a lot for the info. will try it next time.

5. englishrose

englishrose Member

thanks again briareos i just tried it now and found out i could also export it to word doc. =D

6. ejvillanueva

ejvillanueva Guest

thanks...i guess i have to print them myself then...

7. dryxzzz

dryxzzz Active Member

Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign are the industry standards. If you intend to just print them out on your own desktop, Pages is good enough. But if your material/s will be submitted to a service bureau or intended for publication for mass production, use the industry standard softwares for compatibility. Almost all social printers/printshops and publications accept jobs in pdf format.

Can't imagine if you're gonna print those for thousands of copies, it's a lot waste of time, effort and money. Desktop printing can only be recommended for less than a hundred or a few hundred copies.