iWork.com

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by dominiquejames, Mar 13, 2010.

1. dominiquejames

dominiquejames Active Member

Hey guys, have you tried www.iwork.com yet? You can find out more about it here.

2. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

Why can't I log in, DJ? The website keeps rejecting both my US and Philippine Apple IDs.

3. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member Supporter

It rejects both my PH and US IDs as well.

4. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

No joy here, either. What gives? Classic case of beta bugs?

5. rvaph

rvaph Active Member
    Supporter

Hmmm... did you guys verify your email address first? I went to Pages, clicked on the iWork.com button and I was prompted to verify my email address. Checked my email inbox and then click the link. After that, I was able to upload my spreadsheets.

EDIT: Thanks for the prompt, danceyourpain. I edited the instructions. hehehe...

#5 rvaph, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  6. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

Fabulous. I've been using Google Docs and resisting installation of iWork on my low resource Mac. This will be perfect. Man, Apple is really dissing Google. Love is lost.

7. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member Supporter

Thanks for this, I was able to verify my email address. However, you're supposed to click the iWork.com button on Pages, not the Pages button itself. =)

8. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

This isn't working for me. Login rejecting me. I already reset my password so I know I am on the database. Oh well, back to Google Docs.

9. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member Supporter

^ Did you click on iWork.com from Pages/Keynote/Numbers to verify your email address?

10. Mad Mac

Mad Mac Active Member

Here's the low down. iWork.com is not a web app as I had hoped. It is just an online repository for documents created in iWork on your Mac. It is for mobile viewing or sharing. To activate, open a document in any of the iWork apps. Then click SHARE from the upper menu. Enter your Apple ID and whatever its asks to send an activation email. Open your email and proceed with activation. Once activated, you can log into iWork.com. You will see nothing unless you have uploaded a document to share. For me, this is useless. If I wanted to share, I'd just email the document. Oh well.