I've accidentally damaged my iPhone

Discussion in 'AppleTalk' started by iPablo, Aug 21, 2016.

1. iPablo

iPablo New Member

So I was making a cellphone charge packed with Motorcycle batter (motolite MF4L-B) mid size battery, it cost 600 pesos and has 12v outlet, so as i was making a prototype for this project i took at open wired of anf female USB socket, and directly connected it into the battery , and as i remembered my iphone was connected to it, so my iphone froze, and i turned it off and now, it wont open, it says a low battery sign but wont charge, I consult my local electronic shop and tried to replace the battery and the charging pin but still no charging happen'd, the guy said it was a damage at the board, and now please help me what to do.

2. ste@lth

[email protected] Well-Known Member

First of all, i'm feel sorry for your situation, however i think there's no way you can fix this by warranty since this is a damage out of negligence as stated, note that USB ports only supply 5V at 1.5A max on some charger models, but tapping a 12V outlet might have fried the battery pack or the board, in my opinion there's no way you can fix this phone anymore unless your ready to shell a lot of bread, i suggest you just save for a new phone.

isaak likes this.
  3. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mmm....I hope it was an old iPhone.

4. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member Supporter

the only thing i can say is, "what were you thinking?" i'm guessing you were trying to invent the largest power bank out there, using that motolite battery.

i'm sorry for your loss, but it's a lesson--an expensive one--that every tinkerer or inventor soon learns: you'll make a lot of mistakes and pay the price before you get things right. in this case, with power banks so cheap (and portable, unlike the motolite), you'd have to ask if your intentions were worth pursuing. or, you could've just bought the motorcycle battery-phone chargers already out on the market, like this:

http://www.micropowerchina.com/mobi...-battery-phone-charger-with-usb-port-131.html

[​IMG]

cybersniper and Sunil_K like this.
  5. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mmm......with my limited practical experience with batteries, this is how I would do it: 12 VOLT car battery, connect car lighter port, connect it to a power inverter ( converts 12 volts to 220 volts) and connect any device (electric fan, laptop, etc.) . Alternative: buy an inverter with direct car battery terminal connectors. Why? Emergency recharger and power source in times of extreme natural disasters. You can use old car batteries and repurpose it. Special use case: if you have a very sick family member at home, say terminal cancer, and needs the use of mechanical ventilator 24/7, you can use this solution in case of lengthy brownouts. To recharge battery, just go to nearest car battery shop and have it recharged. Much less expensive than a gen set.

#5 raypin, Aug 22, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  6. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member