itunes won't play

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by jnjqn, Feb 19, 2007.

1. jnjqn

jnjqn Member

hi folks. i searched the forums and couldn't find an answer, so i'd like to post this question.

today when i launched itunes i couldn't get any of my files to play. i've never had this problem before. i already rebooted but still the same problem. as far as i know i haven't done any tweaking on any setting, and i haven't added any new app to my mac recently.

any help would be appreciated. thanks.

2. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

turn on your speakers, kidding;)

any chance someone moved the iTunes library? are you getting an exclamation mark everytime you click on a song?

3. jnjqn

jnjqn Member

the songs are all in itunes, but when i click on play, or double-click the track, or hit the space bar there is no activity. there's no exclamation point.

oh, and i did check the speakers -- but only now when you mentioned it! but i had known that wasn't the problem because the time bar (or whatever you call it) won't move when i play any track.

any other ideas?

4. Theus

Supporter

this may be worth trying. hth.

5. jnjqn

jnjqn Member

thanks theus. i checked my sound preferences and discovered that for some reason the output was set to my sony ericsson phone! i switched it back to built-in audio and itunes began playing again.

thanks for the link because even though the answer itself was not there, it reminded me to check my prefs.

#5 jnjqn, Feb 19, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  6. Theus

Supporter

i told you to turn on your speakers! :) well, technically they were turned on.
    glad to hear you're up and running.

7. jnjqn

jnjqn Member

:) was beginning to think i wouldn't be able to hear my phil keaggy and ry cooder collection anymore!