Itunes store

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by jmrespect, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmrespect

jmrespect Member

Hello everyone. I just had my itouch 2g last week. However when I signed up for the itunes store I selected Philippines. I didn't know that I can also use US market. I wanted to change it so I can have more apps choices. I tried changing it but to no avail. I'm getting message saying about the bank details of my credit card does not match. Appreciate your help or if there's already a thread about this just send me the link. Thanks in advance!

2. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

The only way to get a US iTunes Store Account is to create an account there using an iTunes Gift Card or to provide details such as a US Credit Card with a Valid US Billing Address.

I assume simply switching your account to US isn't working since the system is recognizing your RP based credit card and disallowing any downloads due to this.

I have a US Acct using my US credit card and I can't make purchases/downloads from the RP App Store for the very same reason.

3. jmrespect

jmrespect Member

Oh I see :( I wish RP store would add more apps in the future. Thanks for you reply sir.

4. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

@jmrespect: You could always buy an iTunes Gift Card from the local outlets that occasionally sell them, as well as from places such as eBay and TPC, or even from PhilMUG members who may be selling them. I think currently, you can buy things off the US Store without needing to give US Credit Card info.

Just take care with the latter two; caveat emptor.

5. jmrespect

jmrespect Member

Great! I'll try that one. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.