itunes playing from removable storage?

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by piedad, Nov 23, 2004.

1. piedad

piedad Well-Known Member

Hi,
    What is the best way to use iTunes with MP3 files that I want to keep in a DVD instead of in my hard disk. I can add the songs to the library, but there seems to be issues with it being able to track what is still accessible if I eject the DVD. Is there a way to use removable drives with iTunes?
    Or, any alternate OSX player which can do this?

2. hubes

hubes Member

if i'm not mistaken you can run your itunes library from an external hard drive. you can change your itunes music folder location by going to the advanced tab of itunes preferences. hth

3. piedad

piedad Well-Known Member

But how do I do it for multiple DVDs and on the fly?

4. hubes

hubes Member

duh? you've got me stumped, probably the others would know. sorry, not much help there.