iTunes DVD Covers

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by mac_kid08, Sep 22, 2008.

1. mac_kid08

mac_kid08 New Member

i have bunch of dvd rips on my itunes for backups and convenience of course. and since i really like the coverflow view of itunes, can i also get the dvd covers of the movies from itunes store just like getting album artwork for music? i cant seem to figure it out yet...

thanks!

2. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

@mac_kid08.....mmmmmmm.....simplest solution is to use your screengrab utility on itunes (select window frame command = command +shift + 4 - drag then release) . Then just add it to the cover artwork of your LEGAL movies.

3. aldwin

aldwin Member

nope, they don't allow users to get the high quality artwork files, just go to this site, this is where i get all of my covers for my backed-up movies.

http://getvideoartwork.com/index.php

4. koobi

koobi Member

@aldwin - thanks for the link!

5. mac_kid08

mac_kid08 New Member

gee! thanks for the link aldwin!

@raypin, all my rips are just for backups anyway, but i want my coverflow to always look good...

thanks again aldwin!!

6. A5v13M

A5v13M Member

hey, thanks aldwin.

if in case you can't find your cover there (try "The Last Emperor"), you may want to try here (http://www.allcdcovers.com/index.php). this site includes covers for music and games as well..enjoy! ;)

7. theelhombre

theelhombre Member

Father Raypin, SJ:

so you are implying that i can't do it for my 'illegal'(?) movies?

WTH man, that would render most of us here (maybe including you..) 'unqualified' to do this process!!

8. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

I think just like the Torrent & iPhone threads, I think he's just keeping the discussion on this thread above board to prevent it from being locked and deleted from the admins.

AMDG to you theelhombre from a fellow jesuit boy, but non-atenean.

9. kcirecarg718

kcirecarg718 Well-Known Member

you can finds some dvd covers at cdcovers.cc

10. erikasuzuki

erikasuzuki Member

Use Metax, its free.
    You can also edit meta tags, and it will find the DVD cover for you, just type in the title and it will also search for descriptions. It can also scan barcodes. Or use a frame from your video as cover, you can even find movie posters.