iTunes Account - Good for Album Art?

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by nash57, Jan 15, 2010.

1. nash57

nash57 Member

Hi!

Was wondering if it was worth it to get an iTunes account for the sake of updating and organizing all my album art.

Anybody here care to share their experience with this? Thanks in advance!

2. abielbad

abielbad Active Member

You could do it yourself but it's gruelling.

What I'm doing is search what's the album of the song - via Artist's Discography, then search an image for the Album.

It's a lot of work but it pays when you see your Album Arts are neat.

3. chetiboy

chetiboy Active Member

you can auto download album art only if your songs came from iTunes' Music Store as far as I know, so having an account won't automagically album art every mp3 you have on your library...

4. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member Supporter

Most of my songs arent from iTunes but as long as they're properly formatted you can use Get Album Artwork. It worked for a lot of my albums.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

5. himuramaki

himuramaki Member

yes. it is worth it as per my experience. Album art on iTunes can be set to automatically download missing artwork.

Personally, I appreciate the album artwork of an album.

6. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

It is, in my book. Coverflow (whether in iTunes or your iPod/iPhone itself) looks 10 times better with album art, as compared to that generic gray box with the musical note icon.

Furthermore, you get access to free songs, music videos, audiobooks, movie or TV show previews from time to time. You don't even have to pay nor register a credit card to get a (US) iTunes Account.

Not true. As long as the Artist Name and Album Name are correct, iTunes will automatically download the album art, whether you got the song from them or not.

7. marty_e

marty_e Member

My experience with iTunes album art is it tends to do it per song not per album. If you have an OST album or a compilation, I've seen iTunes change cover art in such a way that each song ended up with its individual album art cover. Best to automate part of the process and do it manually too for albums that contain songs from other albums originally.

8. whipper25

whipper25 Member

I used TuneUp to clean up my music library. It's great and worth the $25. Save a lot of time and headache.

Cleans up your tracks that aren't tagged properly and finds the appropriate cover art.

9. rjsant5

rjsant5 Member

Yes. It is helpful that you create your itunes account so you could organize your album artworks.

The "get album artwork" works even if the song isn't downloaded on itunes. Just make sure that the song is tagged properly.

Create your itunes account now.

Cheers! :)